Lizzie McGuire glitter glue gun

What Dreams Are Made Of- Hilary Duff
"Happiness is no mystery its
Here and now, its you and me."

Chapter Eighteen
Carrisa

I hated talking about it, with anyone and everyone. So when Gwen avoided the topic first class in the morning it made me feel like I could breath again. She waited at the drop off for me. The thought of walking down the hallway terrified me. In this town, everyone's life, events...gossip...burnt like wildfire. I raced out of the car, my mother had remained silent ever since the event. I knew exactly what she thought, why would she repeat herself.

"Hey," Gwen said as soon as she saw me. I felt particularly sensitive, so I tried to keep my distance. I knew a hug could potentially end up with me bawling my eyes out. I tried to walk towards the school's entrance. My hands turned into fist, and I felt my breath caught up halfway through my chest. I glanced directly at the floor avoiding anyone's gaze. Still, I could feel them. It wasn't that they were disgusted, it didn't feel like that. It felt more like everyone thought I was a nutcase, and that embarrassed me for some irrational unknown reason. I stopped walking abruptly at the sight of the full classroom.

"I can't walk there," I wanted to say to Gwen, but I couldn't bring myself to say the words. It felt like I had tape on my lips. Gwen wrapped her right hand around my hand.  She dragged me slightly further from the classroom.

"Carr, you don't have to go if you don't feel like it," She reassured me as she brushed her hands against my back. "We can take the day off. We just have to wait for Ellie, she'll be here any minute."

But I had to be good, I had to be okay.

"It's okay not to be okay." She said as she squeezed my hand softly. Gwen gasped, loudly enough to turn my attention towards her. Everyone's eyes were on Ellie. Ellie walked down the hallway, she wore nothing out of ordinary, but her darks jeans, nikes, a grey hoodie, paired with a leather jacket. The outstanding thing about her was her hair...She cut it. No mid-term, not just the tips, she chopped it off. Ellie looked unbothered by everyone's stare. Her armor was impenetrable. She was a warrior, it amazed me how she owned herself and her decisions so unapologetically. Where did she gathered all that courage?

"Hey," Ellie smiled as she reached to us.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what this meant. I knew that Ellie strongly disliked girly stuff. Whenever her mother tried her hardest to persuade her on using skirts, Ellie would ball her eyes out. I always thought it seemed more like a fashion statement than a particular decision. But this didn't.

"So...this is me." She stated, I frowned slightly, her hands wrapped tightly on her backpack strap. "The real me..."

"Nice haircut," Gwen winked at her.

I smiled at Ellie, "It suits you." And it did, her black hair, her facial features, everything about her seemed perfect for the hair cut. For this part of her that she had hidden away in the back of the closet.

"The hair kind of pissed me off when swimming. It was holding me back, I can breath now," Ellie said.

"Who's ready to miss first period?" Gwen asked like nothing had happened.

"Let's go." Ellie said. "Fuck this town!" She shouted.

"Shhh," Gwen said as she placed her hand upon Ellie's mouth. "Remember Jaime, the monitor?"

"Oh no," we said in unison. Jaime Curly was the school's hall monitor, and she was very invested in her role. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I think that she didn't have many friends because of that. I tried inviting her to eat lunch with us together once, in response, she gave a me a note for skipping class. Three of those and you had yourself a date with the school's principal.