six

a few days later, after successfully setting myself up on tinder i score my first date with a guy named im jaesung. i didn't know what to expect because he wrote that he loved pretty girls and bulgogi? i mean.. i guess i do too?

"i like the dress you're wearing." he compliments as takes a chug of his bubbly beer. he'd taken me to a restaurant in the high end of town with lots of exquisite options, but ended up ordering me a basic salad anyways. "it makes your tits look fucking great." he mentioned my boobs, and he swore. oh, and he drinks ... this was definitely going to be the most terrible date i've ever been on.

"um, yeah. thanks, i guess." i nod my head slowly, matching the rhythm with my slow chewing. "so what's your current occupation, jaesung?"

"i work at a tattoo bar." he says impressively, putting down his beer and cutting down his delicate steak loudly despite the people around the both of us. he can't even eat politely.

"oh, so you like drawing then? you're on the art side of things?"

"ah no, actually, i work as a janitor at the tattoo bar." he answers with the chewed steak in his mouth and i almost vomit from the sight. rude, disrespectful and works as a janitor? this has just been confirmed to be the only date i will ever go on with someone i met over tinder. "has anyone ever told you that you have a beautiful neck? a smooth neck i want to suck—"

"yes. someone has, actual—"

"wow, i didn't know you had a boyfriend, chaeyoung." the familiar, creamy voice that makes me swallow speaks from the side. i turn to his direction and i swear this universe has cursed me with the coincidence of seeing jungkook absolutely everywhere.

there are so many things going through my mind right now, the fact that i am sitting across the most disgusting person i have ever met, his neck compliment that is replaying the sweet memory of jungkook putting on the beautiful amethyst necklace he had bought for me for my sixteenth birthday, jungkook who has suddenly appeared beside me with a new doll beside him and how he just called the brat across from me my boyfriend.

"so how did you meet?" he has a small smile on his face, i want to slap off. as if my night couldn't get worse!

"we're actually not—"

"who's this hot chick beside you?" jaesung cuts me off, licking his lips with his gaze locked on the girl jungkook is holding by the waist when i turn to him.

"oh, this is jiyoung." jungkook introduces the girl who seems to be his new girlfriend. maybe he was into polygamy? or maybe he just broke up with his previous girlfriend for her. her hair, just like the previous girl is curled and blonde. her petite body is dressed in a short, white off shoulder dress.

blood begins to boil inside of me, here under the same roof as me was the boy i was meant to be falling for, and the other one that i could never get over both staring at the same gorgeous girl. there was no other moment in my life that had made me feel so worthless and unnecessary.

"i am leaving." i stand from my seat and straighten my baby pink lace, three-quarter sleeve dress. this was always one of my favourite dresses, but standing next to jiyoung and comparing our dresses, i realised how embarrassing my vintage dress was.

"ah, chaeyoung. don't forget to pay the bill." jaesung calls out rudely, making my entire body shake from not only embarrassment but anger. i ball my fists up, but don't fight back with the anger inside of me.

choking back on my treacherous tears, i requested for the bill at the front and feel a layer of tears gloss my eyes. i open my small wallet and take out my credit card. if i was a stripper, the new two hundred dollar debt that was about to eat away my hours of having fun with work instead, wouldn't be such a nuisance. i am seriously considering this job now.

i am crying. i am crying as i hand my card to the cashier, the sight of the two men fawning over the pretty doll haunting my mind. my gaze averts to the floor, noticing that i wasn't standing there alone and that there was someone else standing so closely behind me. i lift my head from the ground and immediately identify him as jungkook, who is accepting his black card back from the cashier. i shakily turn to see my hand still offering my card to no one, since jungkook had just evidently paid for my food bill.

jungkook runs outside when he notices me staring, and i run after him.

"j-jungkook!" i stutter through my tears, that had seemed to stop leaking from my eyes. i watch him stop immediately to look at the rain that was pouring outside. jungkook absolutely hated rain, and i could name every single reason why. he stands underneath the shelter, watching the rain hit the ground into massive puddles.

"you're going to catch a cold!" he always did, when it rained. "you're going to cough and sneeze and turn into the rudolf the red nose reindeer! come on jungkook! do you want to eat and drink ginseng tea and soup?!" i shake him out of his temporary gaze and he immediately shakes his head fast. jungkook hates ginseng, especially how much ginseng he has to consume in order to recover.

"let's go, chaeyoung!" he takes off his blazer and puts it over both of our heads. "we're going to get soaked anyways, so run!"

he holds my hand in his tightly and we both run. i don't know to where, but i go anyways.