Chapter 2 - WTF

(Edited - 16/7/17)

Your Pov

The rest of the walk home was silent, the kitten making no movements or sounds in protests. "How about we give you a bath first" I muse dropping my bag at the door before heading towards the bathroom. The little black furball sat next to me wrapped in my jacket, watching patiently as a little bit of soapy water began to fill the bath. "You're an odd little furball" I chuckle watching as it desperately attempts to climb into the bath.

"Hmm, i'll have to give you a name" I sigh as I continue to raise the bubbles from his fur. On closer inspection, I notice the small white patch just below its neck. "You look like you're wearing a napkin" I giggle. It merely glares at me while thumping its tail in the water. "Did I offend you" I snicker wrapping it in a fluffy towel.

I leave the little furball wrapped in the towel beside the fire before looking for my cake. "Maybe I should keep you" I muse, more to myself than the animal as I sat beside it. "I mean I'm not really a social person so maybe you can prevent me from going insane" it merely threw me a look as if to say I was already insane. "What am I doing" I groan laying on my back. A sudden weight on my chest causes me to lift my head "Meow". "Are you trying to comfort me" I muse stroking its small head. "Meow" Letting the stress of the day go I feel myself relaxing before I finally drift off to the sound of my new furry friend purring away.

The next morning I wake up in my bed. "I thought I fell asleep by the fire" I mutter moving my hand to pat the weight on my chest. The familiar sound of purring starts up before a slight moment but then something starts to feel off. Glancing down instead of seeing a small black kitten I come face to face with bright silver eyes and a mop of black hair. 

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!"