Epilogue

**3 Months Later**

I stare out the window where Ivy had once climbed in, remembering how much I had missed each one of the Top Ten. There is an intense breeze from outside the window, making my already tight dress stick to my skin. The clouds hide the moon and stars from my eyes. The opaque fog seems to swirl around the moon and I just know, that finally my life is no longer in danger. After spending so much time with Tristan, every day and every night, I should be bored of him but that’s the weird thing about love, you are never tired of the person. I know that now, I am not dead and cold anymore. Tristan, just everything about him, the colour of his eyes, the spark when his fingers brush over my skin, the swirl of feelings when our lips touch keeps my shell broken –which is a good thing. He thinks we should get married but I think otherwise because it’s pretty hard to with Magenta still lurking around in the depths of darkness. But that’s the last thing on my mind now. I notice a swirl of white in the clouds above. The swirl in the clouds is churning even faster.

I hear a door behind me click open and steam pours out of the room. A golden light streams from the gap between the wall and the edge of the door, getting wider as Tristan opens the door. He has a blue towel wrapped around his hips and drops of water dripping off his golden hair onto his chest.

“Autumn, do you know where my clothes are?” he asks me.

I open my mouth to reply but then I completely forget where I put his clothes. “Uh…I think I put them in the washing.” I walk towards the bathroom but he pulls me to him before I get into the room.

“Don’t worry about it, we don’t need clothes to do this,” he says, his voice seducing me into his charms. I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be the other way around.

With my back against his hard chest, his neck curled around mine, he kisses my jawline softly, moving down to my neck. I feel his fingers tense as he removes the strap of my dress to press his lips against my shoulder.

“Tristan…” I moan. I turn my body around so I face him. He has a smirk on his face. I giggle. His fingers crawl up my spine to my neck while our lips urge to touch. The wind wraps around our bare skin. Steam rises off our heated bodies. Tristan carries me to the couch in the living room. My legs are still around him when I’m resting on the couch. Tristan throws the pillows onto the carpet, hungry for lust. His lips slightly brush over my collarbone, making a trail down the middle of my chest. He starts tugging at my dress, the tension and anticipation rising between us.

That desire between us crumbles.

Snow bursts through the window, and we both jerk our head towards it. It’s Yuki. I run towards her and cover her eyes before she sees anything that’s inappropriate. Tristan has already disappeared to the bedroom. With one hand still over her eyes, I pull up my dress to its proper position.

“Should I come back later?” she asks and manages a small smile.

“Nope, did you see anything?” I pull my hand off her eyes and the violet glow is familiar to me again.

“I didn’t but I certainly did interrupted something.”

I laugh a little and she sits on the couch. Tristan walks over to us and eyes Yuki awkwardly. He’s wearing white t-shirt that shows his collarbone and is tight around his chest. Perhaps he’s embarrassed. Instead, he smiles like nothing happened.

“So, how are you Yuki?”

“Um, this is a weird question but aren’t you meant to be dead?” she questions in her most timid voice.