Chapter XI || The Flight

Noah boards the plane next, following with Willow, Jace and Ivy.

“You sure you can walk?” I ask as he slips his arm around my waist.

“Yeah.” He huffs and walks on. I am astonished by Skylar’s magic; the plane would fit all the Top Ten and looks so luxurious. It has a sweet scent that fills up my nose right to the top. 

“Awesome,” Adam comments and takes the seat on the second row. Ivy sits behind us, denying Jace to sit with her, he instead sits behind her. Skylar sits beside Noah, which I find quite amusing, with Willow on the other side.

“It’s going to take a while, so take a rest or eat,” Skylar informs.

“You mean drink,” Ivy corrects.

“Yeah whatever.”

Noah glances at Skylar over and over again, like he’s uncomfortable.

“Thanks for, um, kissing me.” He says while playing with his fingers.

“Sorry about that, I had nothing else I could think of.” Skylar apologizes glumly. She stares out the window, her green eyes reflecting the ivory clouds. She is a bit saddened by his response.

“It’s alright, its just that…never mind.” He sighs and starts pulling on Willow’s hair to distract him.

“Stop it!” She whines and moves next to Ivy.

“Hi, Autumn, Ivy and Adam,” She says brightly, like she has a double personality.

“Hi,” Ivy replies.

“Hey,” I also reply. Adam is just wordless for some reason. I glare at him, expecting him to answer her but nope, not even a peep.

“Well, this is awkward. I’m exhausted so um, good night?” She shifts into a sleeping position. I shrug and start braiding my hair.

“I just wanted to say,” Ivy clears her throat, “I’m sorry for being mean to you.”

She looks down at her lap, hoping for a reply. What’s with the sudden change of heart? I think of a response. Now that I understand what she went through and the fact that she did apologise, I guess I should bring myself to forgive her.

“I totally understand that you don’t like me. My kind did kill your parents.” I smile and she smiles again.

“Thanks, beauty queen.” She accidentally lets the last two words slip out. I start laughing and she doesn’t figure out why.

“What? What did I do?” She asks. Her pale grey eyes look up while thinking. She starts laughing in small amounts then our laughs are in chorus.

“You know that Crucivas guy, how old do you think he is?” Ivy asks out of the random.

“Older than us, maybe around thirty?” I answer.

“But I’m like a hundred years old and you’re like fifty.”

“I’m one thousand six hundred years old, actually.” A voice answers, coming from the aisle next to us. Adam’s eyes sloppily open and look at Crucivas. I turn my head and look at him, giving me a shudder because he isn’t all dramatic or anything now, just normal.

“How is that even possible?” Adam asks as he rubs his eyes and yawns.

“I can die at any moment but all I really want to do is destroy Phantom so us Tormentors can live on.”

“So, you’re an alien?” Ivy chuckles. Crucivas smiles, taking it lightly.

“You could say that, I’m chronologically one thousand, six hundred and fifty seven years old.”

“Then why do you look like you’re thirty?” This is getting interesting.

“I could ask all you vampires the same thing.” His eyes crinkle up from smiling. “I can choose when I stop ageing.”

“Then why choose thirty?” Ivy asks eagerly.

“When I stop ageing, I also stop mentally growing. I wanted to be wiser.”

“I guess you are.” Adam stretches him arms up and rests his elbow on my shoulder.

“Adam, get off me.” I push his elbow off of my shoulder, slightly agitated because he's been ignoring me for quite a while.

“Who’s next to find?” Crucivas questions, fairly curious.

“The Snow Ghost, Yuki Onna.” Skylar answers, although not part of the conversation.

“I’ve got to go back to the Tormented Realms, good luck. I’ll come when you troublemakers need your asses saving.” He opens a portal and steps through. We all bid our goodbyes and return to our rest.

“This is the longest I have ever gone without drinking blood, its torturous.” Ivy holds her stomach with her arms.

“I’m sure we’ll get to hunt one day,” I assure her. I yawn and the sunlight starts shining through the windows.

“Crap!” I run to shut the window before the sunlight hits either Jace or Ivy. Adam shuts his eyes and moans a bit. He's in a pretty deep sleep now.

“Isn’t he cute?” I sigh and smile. It's hard to be annoyed with someone that you can't bring yourself to dislike.

“You two make it so obvious.” Ivy rolls her eyes.

“What?” I say, puzzled.

“You two are dating, duh.”

“I-don’t-know-what-you’re-talking-about.” I look down and smile.

She nudges me and whispers, “I know at least, you two like each other.” I chuckle silently.

There is a disturbance in the air, and the plane starts shaking a little. I look at Adam worriedly and he shoots me the same look back. A jolt runs through the plane, waking Willow up. She groans from the sound and slowly opens her eyes. The plane is now dead quiet, making me feel uncomfortable. Sweat beads are now forming on my forehead and I shift my body to fall safely into Adam’s arms.  I could hear the clanking of vials being placed on Skylar’s belt while she hides her chest in a safe, compact room. I realise its still midday so the threat couldn’t be defeated by Ivy-Rose or Jace. There is a rough wind that pushes the plane to the left. A caw thunders through, making me panic on the inside. I hold Adam’s arms around me, tighter than it already is. Claws, I think in my mind as they pierce through the ceiling of the plane.

There weren't any new characters in this chapter and I don't want to be a spoiler. I do have a picture for you though. It's Autumn, Adam, Ivy, Jace, Willow, Noah and Skylar in their supernatural form, to the best of my ability. Sorry if they don't look realistic, I don't have photoshop. Enjoy!

(<.<) Looks to the left

(>.>) Looks to the right

(+.+) Watching you... *whispers* remember to vote..