Chapter XXI || The Final Battle: Part 2

I watch as Jace finishes the last Fomorian and it makes a line between Phantom and us. William disappears in a flash and stands with his brother on the other side. I glance at everyone; maybe this is the end, not the end of our lives, the end of all this violence and running away. It’s Phantom that destroyed our happiness but we’ve found it with each other, we’re unstoppable with this unbreakable bond. We’re not just friends, we’ve been through enough to be called, family.

“So you killed our demons,” Fang says and they all clap and glare at us. The atmosphere is extremely tense; the air around us is still and wintry. There is a pungent smell of rotting corpses, from the many demons we have slaughtered. My knuckles are slowly fading with colour as are the many faces of the Top Ten.

“That’s barely even half our power.” Lillian scoffs. I gulp down with intimidation. What kind of tricks do they have up their sleeves now?

“So the last one has joined us.” William death glares at Crucivas.

“Crucivas Latike Valastor, you’re one of the three remaining Tormentors,” Magenta says while looking at her purple, razor nails then picking at them. “We’re going to wipe out your race after we kill you guys.” Crucivas shakes his head courageously. He’s the only one that doesn’t seem nervous around a bunch of demons with tremendous powers.

I lean my head on Adam’s arm and hold his hand strongly. Adam squeezes my hand tightly and sends me a reassuring look in his gleaming blue eyes.

“Destroy it.” Fang stares at Magenta and she whimpers a bit. Is Fang like the leader or something? Magenta hovers her hands above the female Fomorian and it glows then bursts.

“Get them,” Fang whispers. My legs are so shaky that I couldn’t react right away.

William starts cloning himself so quickly that it’s impossible to find the original now. A hundred knives point at us from behind Lillian and Magenta soars above us, ready to use her destructive powers. Ryder puts up a giant force field to block the knives from Lillian. They rebound one by one while Lillian grunts from frustration. A tornado of snow gets Magenta stuck just before she could get hold of any of us. Her body is jammed in the ice from her toes up until her neck. The real threat is William now, there are just so many of him that we either kill all at once or none. Crucivas’ gun lets out a blast that wipes out half of them. Now that is awesome, he should be able to defeat him but they just continuously clone non-stop.

“Get on,” Adam says and turns into a griffin. I climb onto his back and he flies in the air towards Fang.

“Death,” He mutters. I had to protect Adam now, but I don’t know how. It probably won’t work but I flinch my arm towards the direction of the curse as if it’s visible. A purple smoke mixes in my palm and absorbs the curse.

“What?” I gasp; maybe I’m not so useless. I start thinking, about our tactics. Ivy has powers to do with the mind and so does Fang, perfect.

“Go get Ivy.” I order Adam, he nods and flies down.

“Ivy!” I yell in my loudest voice.

“Yeah?” She replies as we settle to the ground.

“You’re the best match for Fang.” She looks at me, puzzled. “Your power is to read minds while his power is to use his mind to put you in torture. Maybe, you could somehow reflect his curses back to him with your telepathy. You and Ryder would make an unstoppable team against him.” I turn to Adam. “Go fly up there with Ivy, I’ll be fine down here.” They take off leaving me here. I am hoarded by a bunch of Williams, which soon fall to the ground from Crucivas.

“Thank you,” I mumble.

A knife whizzes past me and leaves a cut across my arm. Now I’m angry. My arm starts to bleed profusely down my arm, dripping off the tips of my finger onto the carpeted floor of the former casino. I don’t feel the pain because that’s how my healing power works but it tingles weirdly. Before I could attack Lillian, Willow jumps on her and bites her. She tears flesh off of Lillian’s skinny arm, which is practically no flesh at all. A giant sword stabs Willow in the leg and Lillian pushes her off. Skylar tries to cast a spell on Magenta who had recently got out of the blizzard. Lillian gets a knife to slice Skylar’s hand that makes her drop her staff. As Magenta dodges the spell she crashes into the ground but catches Skylar’s staff. With that touch, the staff is shattered into a million pieces. This isn’t looking up, now Skylar and Willow can’t fight. I bump into something; I literally did not know what it is. It’s not visible, more like invisible. I sigh knowing my stupidity, it’s Ryder.

“Shh,” he says in a subdued tone. I wave my hand around to find where he is, but I find nothing. Suddenly, Lillian is being dragged across the ground by nothing. Magenta notices and grabs Ryder then throws him. I feel him land in front of my feet. He’s visible now.

“You okay?” He groans then nods slowly. William rapidly grabs and holds me by the neck; he lifts me up until my feet are off the ground.

“Hurt Lillian, and you’ll hurt my brother.” William scowls. I claw uselessly at my neck, hoping to rid of his hand. His fingers have small scars on them from my nails digging into them but he doesn’t seem to care. A light blasts William’s head off and he falls on the ground.

“Hurt Autumn and you’ll hurt Adam.” Jace chuckles.

“Thanks,” I choke out the words. He pulls me up and looks around.

“I’m guessing the original William is still alive,” he says disappointedly.

“Yup.” I hold my arm to stop the bleeding. “Crucivas will take care of him though,” I say filled with hope.

“I just realised, Fang and Lillian, they have something going on.” Yuki appears.

“So they do have hearts.” I grin.

“Only for one person though,” Jace comments. Magenta flies towards us and Yuki puts up an ice dome around us. I start shivering. We all start laughing when Magenta accidentally doesn’t stop. She slams into the ice and slides down the damp surface.

“Good one, Yuki.” I laugh. The amusement stops when Magenta destroys the dome around us. Sharp pieces of ice start falling on use but Yuki uses what’s left of her power to push it the other way. She collapses while Magenta tumbles down with ice stuck in her body.

“Yuki!” I exclaim.

“Come on! We have to move!” Jace grabs my hand and we run before we face the wrath of Magenta when she recovers.

I realise there is only one William left, the original one. He looks seriously injured. His skin is covered with mauve bruises and bleeding cuts. He walks with a slight limp, which would make it hard to escape. Also, he’s completely and utterly weapon-less.

“Crucivas really wiped them out, huh?” I say, sounding extremely surprised.

“That’s epic!” Jace exclaims. Crucivas’ sword turns diamond and he runs towards the last William. With one swing, his heart isn’t beating and one of the members of the infamous Phantom is dead.

“My job is done.” Crucivas gives a heart-warming smile, with his eyes crinkled as he disappears into a portal.

“Thank god, we have him.” Magenta stands up and brushes the gravel off her tight jeans. Her eyes look terrified when she glances at William’s dead body dissolving. She bears her black wings and flees, destroying whatever is in her way.

“She ran away?” Jace stutters.

“Wouldn’t have expected that.” So now there’s only Lillian and Fang left. Screeches echo throughout the room, they’re from Fang. He’s twitching on the ground while Ivy focuses her power on him.  I run up to Adam and hug him. He swings me in a circle and kisses my head.

“You’re safe.” He sighs, relieved and provides me with a comforting smile.

“You too,” I reply breathlessly and hug him tighter.

“How dare you hurt Fang?” Lillian snarls and throws Noah to the side. Skylar winces at the sight of Noah’s body; we couldn’t tell if he’s dead or alive. Now all hell is going to break loose, we let out Lillian’s inner demon.