[28] All Better Now

Second night after the activation of the animatronics. You were grateful winter was drawing closer, since Vincent got a little out of hand last night and left a few 'love marks' on your neck. But thanks to the cold weather, you had an excuse to wear a scarf and cover them up without seeming too suspicious to the guys.

Boss mentioned the animatronics should be moving around today, but that they were no threat. That didn't exactly calm your nerves. Especially considering he put the whole gang to work for the next few weeks, which heavily frustrated Mike. Boss claimed there was no specific reason, but you knew that even he doubted the animatronics were safe. So in the end, you went into yet another shift.

✿  ✿  ✿

A series of loud creaks followed by heavy thumps bolted you awake and caused you to regain a straight posture in the chair you had been dozing off in. Scott was starting to make coffee, but had tensed too at the sudden noise. Everyone froze in the middle of whatever they were doing as you all exchange cautious and silent glances between each other.

Vincent was the first to react. He flipped up his tablet and immediately checked the stage. Everyone crowded around him as the static cleared and the image became more solid. A jolt of electricity seemed to pierce like a spear through everyone in the room, leaving you and the guards in shock.

Bonnie, Toy Bonnie, was slowly creaking to life. His long ears and painted eyelids twitched as his limbs made stiff movements, simple bending and turning. With every move the actions became more fluid, more humanlike, more alive.

Toy Chica blinked once. Twice. She raised her head and turned to look at Bonnie, examining his odd behavior. Soon, both were gaining consciousness and attempted to move just enough to jump off the stage.
And they were learning quickly.

Mike instinctively rushed for the door and pushed a button that wasn't there anymore. "Why did Boss remove these?!" He banged his fist against the empty wall, as if that would cause the button to return.
"W-what do we do?!" Jeremy searched madly through the drawers in the office for anything of real use. Flashlights, Freddy masks, music boxes- You gasp.

The music box.

You jump off your seat and frantically reach for the one music box that kept away that hideous puppet. The Marionette. During the reconstruction, Jeremy had found it inside an empty Golden Freddy suit. All burnt up and torn. He tried to dispose of it, but Boss said he'd get the puppet fixed and make it a new attraction for the location.
Even though you knew the fire you and Vincent had caused should've freed all those souls, you weren't taking the slightest of chances. Not with the animatronics, not with the Marionette.
You keep your hands from shaking and wind up its little mechanism, sighing in relief.

"Scott, what do we do?!" Fritz yelled at his coworker while rummaging wildly through the drawers with Jeremy.
"I-" Scott wasn't used to being in charge. Only a few weeks back he was merely the guy who left the newbies voicemails that most of them muted. He was trembling and pulled a hand to his dial, tapping it a few times and trying to think. "Everyone get a mask!"
Fritz handed them out and everyone quickly put them on. Vincent comes closer to you. Putting you behind him as if to protect you, but you can sense he's afraid too. No one can tell what will happen now. These animatronics are new, unpredictable and potentially dangerous.

You take a deep breath and peek through the small holes in the mask at your tablet. You focus on the prize corner and let out a horrified gasp. The Marionette's box was wide open and the dreaded sock puppet was out, nowhere in sight. You check another camera and stare at the traumatic scene of the Mangle dragging its tattered body across the floor and up the walls.