19. The Room Where It Happens

Here I was.
The room where it happens...

It had a hostile feeling but I knew none of the people in this space would hurt anyone...
Maybe Chitoge and Marika might share a small disagreement.

It was a room I knew well. This was the room I lived in... I have had my best memories of the past weeks in here.

Ever since I moved in with Chitoge it has been extraordinary... I can honestly say I love her with my everything.
But this gathering... Well it will finally prove the truth...

"Girls..."
3 pairs of eyes upon me. I had a lump in my throat and my heart beat erratic.

"Why did you ask me to bring my key?" Kosaki queried, eye brows raised with an inquisitive look.

"Yeah? He asked me too." Marika added to Onodera's question.

Both girls reached into their pockets. Pulling out their respective keys.

"Well that's why I bought you girls here today. I have to tell you guys... No I have to show you guys. Uggggh..."
My frustration was evident. I couldn't peace the words together, I was sweating like a pig.
I was so nervous, my hands were shaking.

"Raku-Kun?" Onodera shot me a worrisome look.

"Gomenesai... I just don't know how to say this..." All of a sudden I started crying.

All three girls immediately all came close to Raku.

"Raku babe..." Chitoge face was full of empathy for me.

All three girls put their hands onto my knees. In support.

"I'm sorry, I'm overreacting..." I wiped the tears from my cheeks.

I grabbed onto my chest, my heart pounded irregularly, but I felt something hard...
The locket.
My duty.

"Now all of us 10 years ago claim to have made a deal. And what I've been meaning to say is, we need to find out who 'the girl' is."
I finally managed to say, making it sound as proper as I could.

"Why now...?" Onodera let out. Her eyes drooping slightly.

"Because I'm finally figuring out who I really am and putting this to bed will be the dirt you throw onto the coffin."
I grabbed Chitoge's hand.

I scanned the room, looking at the girls. We have came so far. So so far...
They are family. Chitoge is my partner, Onodera's faded chocolate eyes looked tired. Marika's were very narrow, straightforward, this is the most serious I have ever seen her.

"So what's the ramifications?" Marika asked in deep seriousness.

"What do you mean?" I questioned the question, not understanding the query.

"Well the girl who owns the key that opens the lock... She is the girl you promised. Promised to marry..."
Marika replied confirming the question.

"Yes, but we made these deals when we were 6." I said, implying our judgement was the decisions of kindergarteners.

"Still, it means something. You even said so yourself Raku."
Chitoge shot this statement to me.