Chapter 20

Two Months Later...

"Push, Emma!" The doctor yelled at her, trying to get the babies out of her.

Emma had been in labor for hours. She could feel the tiredness seeping into her bones. Killian squeezed her hand and she looked up at him. He gave her a reassuring smile and kissed her sweaty head. "Cmon, love." She did as he said and the sound of a little cry filled the room. She collapsed back onto the bed and breathed heavily.

"One more, Emma," her doctor told her. "Give me a big push."

"You can do this!" Killian told her from beside her.

Emma shook her head, but pushed anyway. With a few screams, and a few pushes later, another baby's cries echoed through the room. She fell back onto the bed from exhaustion. Her eyes grew heavier and heavier with sleep. The feel of someone's fingertips on her skin brought her back to reality. She looked up and Killian had a bundle of blankets in his hands. He smiled sweetly at her.

"The first one was a boy. The second was a girl. What are we going to name them?"

"What about Genevieve Iris for our daughter?" Emma suggested with a yawn.

"It's beautiful. And our son?"

"You pick. I picked our daughter's name."

Killian thought for a moment when a nurse placed a bundle of blankets into Emma's arms. Inside the pink bundle was a beautiful baby. Her eyes were closed while a pink pacifier was in her mouth. She sucked on it lightly and it brought a smile to Emma's face as she looked at her daughter. "What about Ethan Connor?" Killian suggested.

"It's perfect," she whispered when she looked up at him.

"We'll be back later to show you how to breastfeed," one of the nurses said. "Congratulations."

Killian nodded at her and watched as she left, then put his attention back on their son. He, just like Genevieve, was sucking on his own blue pacifier. He was going to be a handsome boy. Killian could already tell. He would have his parents wrapped around his finger, as would their daughter. Emma looked up at Killian and he was distracted by Ethan. He had a smile on his face and it brought tears to her eyes. She looked back down at her own bundle of blankets, unaware that Killian was watching her when she turned her gaze away.

"Wanna switch?" Killian asked.

"Yeah," Emma replied. He held out his other arm in a cradling position and Emma put Genevieve down and took Ethan from him. "Careful with her head, Jones."

"I know, love. I know." Killian held the small baby up in his hands. "Hi there, little love."

Emma looked down to Ethan and kissed his head. "We're gonna make it, right?"

"Absolutely." Killian kissed Emma's head and rested his head on hers. "We're definitely gonna make it, Swan."

A few days later, after the twins had gotten used to their new home, Killian invited Liam and Brennan over. Liam had brought his new girlfriend over too. Her name was Elsa and the two had been together for only two months. Emma was glad that she wasn't the only woman around the bunch of men. She had made the confession to Elsa in the kitchen away from prying ears. While the two made snacks for everyone, the men in the living room were fussing over the babies and who got to hold, feed, and change who. It was adorable to witness such a thing. It was as if Killian and Liam had been together since birth because of their sibling bickering. At the end of the evening, Liam, Elsa, and Brennan left, leaving Emma and Killian alone with the newborns. Once the parents put them down, they both collapsed onto bed. Emma sighed and covered her eyes with her hand. She had an oncoming headache, but there was a complete mess in the kitchen. She knew she would have to clean it up. As she made a move to get off the bed, a hand pushed her back down onto the pillows. Standing over her was Killian. He had a weak smile on his face.

"Relax, darling. I know you're tired. I'll clean the kitchen up. You just rest," he whispered.

"I'm okay," she argued and tried to sit up again.

"Stop it, Swan. I'm here to help you. I won't let you do everything alone. You know that. Now, please, lay down and relax. After I clean up downstairs, I'll be right back up to give you a massage." He kissed her forehead and flicked the light out.

Emma had to admit that the sound of a massage did sound wonderful, but the two babies were kicking her butt. She wasn't sure she'd still be awake by the time he returned. Sure enough though, three hours later, she woke up to the sounds of babies crying. The lamp beside the bed was off, but candles lit up the room. She felt a weight on her back where Killian was massaging the knots out of her back and shoulders.

"I have to get the kids," she groaned and rubbed her eyes.

"Nonsense. I got them. Stay right there," he said and kissed the back of her head and got up. Five minutes later, the crying stopped and Killian returned. He sat down on his knees and continued to rub her back, causing moans to escape her lips.

"How long have you been at this?" She asked.

"Since I finished in the kitchen. You were already asleep, but I figured you would feel better when you woke up."

"I definitely do. Hop up. My turn."

"Oh no, Emma. It's fine."

"I believe you were the one who once said that you liked me on the top as much as the bottom."

He groaned, "you weren't talking about a massage, were you?"

"Sort of," she said with a smirk. "Your kind of massage though."

Killian got up and Emma stripped off her clothes, then did the same to him. "I love you, Emma Jones."

"I love you too, Killian Jones," she whispered and pressed her lips to his.

The End!!!

I started this book after I watched the movie Titanic. I just loved the thought of a captainswan cruise ship story. But this one wouldn't end with one of them dying.