Chapter 14

Emma was the only maid in the kitchen, along with Neal. Everyone was working and rushing around to put the final touches to the ship so it would be perfect and safe for when passengers could leave when the ship finally docked at noon. While Emma washed the dishes, Neal put them back into their assigned places.

"Are you happy with Killian?" Neal asked randomly.

Emma glanced up at him. "Yeah."

He nodded. "I just wanted to know. You sent in your resignation letter. You've been with us for a few years. Are you sure you're going to be okay on your own?"

She scoffed, "I'm not some little kid who can't take care of herself, Neal."

He laughed, "Sure you're not."

"Nor am I made of glass. I'll be absolutely fine on my own."

After that, Neal dropped the subject. Unfortunately for Emma, they were assigned to work together for the rest of the day. They had to clean, organize, and sort through everything together. Each task was done in an awkward silence. At the end of the morning, Emma was cleaning a room with Neal. Killian's room was right across the hall, and she knew that this was the last thing that had to be done before she could leave. Of course, it didn't help that both the doors were open, and any time she'd pass by, she could see Killian sitting on the couch with a glass of rum in his hand, giving her a knowing smirk. It made her weak in the knees. Once they were finished, Emma was ordered up to Mr. Gold's office. She didn't know why, but she had told Killian, and he decided to walk her up there to it. He stood in the hallway and waited for her while she went in.

"Miss Swan," Mr. Gold spoke in a smug tone. "Please, sit down." Emma did as she was told. Something told her that this wasn't going to be a fun conversation. "I understand that you are leaving The Jewel of the Realm."

"Yes, I am. I think it's time for a different career choice."

"After everything I've done for you. I paid for some of your education that you received during our off months. I gave you a job and helped you get back on your feet. And this is how you repay me?"

"I know. I've been a hard worker, but all good things come to an end."

"Yes." He leaned back in his chair and smirked. "What do you know about Mr. Jones?"

"It's none of your concern."

"Do you know that he has had an affair with another passenger aboard?"

'Yeah, right. And I'm Santa Clause.' Although Emma knew it was a lie, she wondered what Mr. Gold's goal was to get with this plan. She faked her change of tone. "He wouldn't do that!"

"Do you want a bet? He's been seen kissing another woman while you aren't looking."

"Mr. Gold." Emma put her hands on the desk and leaned forward. A smile of her own tugging at her lips. "I know you're lying. There is nothing that would make me believe a lie like that. Now, whatever you think you're going to achieve with a stupid plan like this, I suggest that you get that idea out of your head. I'm leaving, and that's final." She straightened up and walked to the door. She turned the handle and left, finding Killian leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Are you alright?" He asked when he saw her.

"Perfect. Are you ready to go?" She asked.

"Aye." He smirked and brought her in for a long, sweet kiss. "Sorry, but I've been dying to do that all day," he whispered when they pulled apart.

Emma laughed and pecked his lips once more. "Do you see me complaining?" They walked hand in hand back to his cabin, where they had their luggage packed neatly on his bed. He grabbed two of the large suitcases, while Emma grabbed the smaller two, knowing damn well that he would have tried to grab them all at the same time. "Shall we get out of here?" She asked.

"Let's do it," he replied and led the way to the main door of the ship. Many other people were waiting to get through, eager to get home again. "I love you, Swan."

"And I love you," she said and smiled at him.

Eventually, Emma and Killian got outside to the docks. Many cars lined the road. Killian quickly found his family's car, and led the way to it. The driver eyed Emma suspiciously until Killian nodded his reassurance. The driver packed the trunk while Emma and Killian got in. They soon arrived at the Jones Family Mansion and Emma tried to hold back her excitement. She had never been to a mansion before. The outside was magnificent. A black iron fence lined the edge of a huge yard. There were large trees inside the fence, and flowers everywhere. The house was huge with lots of windows on the sides. It was made of a yellow brick and white stone. An old house indeed.

"It's been in the family for generations," Killian explained, taking her hand. "But still in great shape." They pulled up and were let into the gates. The car pulled into a garage, and Killian hopped out of the car, helping Emma out too.

"Why are we going to live on a farm when we can live here?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Would you like to? I figured you'd like to be on a farm since that's where you grew up," he told her.

"I honestly hated it." She looked down at her feet. "But I don't care where we are, as long as I'm with you, I'm happy."

"Then let's live here! I can give you the grand tour if you'd like. Unless you want to look around for yourself after we unpack."

"Cmon. Show me."

Killian grabbed her hand and led her to the door that leads inside the house. "Follow me, m'lady."