Chapter 15

When they walked in, Emma was in awe. The house was beautiful. The garage door opened up into an entryway, which was red and brown. A red carpet was on the ground, that led all the way to the end of the hall to the door. Pictures and old paintings lined each wall. Killian grabbed her hand and brought her to the door and swung it open. It opened up to a grand foyer, with white pillars going all the way up to the ceiling. A giant mirror was hung on the wall, and a beautiful crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling. There was a table that had a pristine white tablecloth on it. On the table, was sterling silver decorative dishes. The floor was marble, and her shoes clicked on it with each step.

"Wow!" Her voice echoed in the room as she looked around. "It's magnificent!"

Killian laughed beside her. "I guess I grew up not really knowing how beautiful my surroundings were. Cmon, this isn't even the best part."

He dragged her to all the other rooms. A large kitchen that had appliances that Emma had never even seen before, an even bigger library with wall to wall shelves, all filled with books of all kinds. The dining room had a dining table that could easily seat at least twenty guests, and a living room that was very cozy and comfortable. He then took Emma upstairs. Killian explained that there were five bedrooms total, but only two had their own bathroom.

"This place is huge!" She told him once they got back down to the living room. Two black sofas were against a wall, with glass tables next to them. Small trinkets sat on the mantle of the fireplace, and a grandfather clock sat in one of the corners. Pictures of the family were sitting in frames on the walls.

"Yeah, well, my parents wanted to give me everything," Killian said and looked at a wall with a picture of him and his mother on it. "My mother passed away when I was six."

She stood up and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Killian."

"Everything seemed so much easier before I went on that cruise." He turned around and placed his hand on Emma's cheek. "But I wouldn't change what happened for the world."

She smiled. "Me either." Their lips connected and Emma smiled into the kiss, which caused Killian to smile as well and forced them both to pull apart. "So, where should we start at finding your real father?"

"No clue. Maybe there is something in Cole's study." He grabbed her hand and went into the direction of the study.

They went in and began going through the files. Emma was at Cole's desk while Killian looked through the books on the shelves. It had been fifteen minutes, and Killian was starting to lose hope. He thought that there was nothing there, and that he would just be hitting a dead end. He started to lose hope that he would never find his real father.

"Why would you he keep your full name?" Emma suddenly asked.

"What?" He turned to her, finding her with a scrap of paper in her hands. "Brennan Jones. But your last name is Jones. Why would he keep it?"

"What if they were brothers?"

Emma looked up and handed the paper to him. "We better get on the road if we are ever going to find him. He could be your real dad."

"Too right, lass. We'll leave in the morning." That evening after supper, Emma was in the bathroom combing her hair. There was a knock on the door, and Killian opened the door. She turned to him and he held clothes in his hands. Obviously his. He stepped into the bathroom and placed the clothes onto the counter. He put his hands on her hips and placed suckling kisses on her neck. Emma giggled and craned her neck, giving him easier access. She tugged his head down and Killian sucked a mark onto her skin. He soothed the skin with his tongue and pulled away. "Do you want to continue this in the bedroom?" He asked, kissing her skin again.

"Yeah," she whispered breathlessly.

Killian led her to the bed and she laid down. He climbed over top of her and began kissing her again. He pulled the towel off her and Emma worked at his clothes. He hovered over her and she nodded, giving him permission, and that little gesture was enough for him to thrust into her.

The next morning, Emma and Killian packed up their suitcases and took the family car into town. They asked people around if they had seen or heard of a Brennan Jones. But, it was a wild goose chase. No one knew anything about him or where he lived. But, Killian wasn't going to give up so fast. As him and Emma went from town to town, she got to see things that she had never heard about, and she got to meet so many new people. It was a big change to actually be able to see new people, and be able to question them about the places they've been to. She got to try new foods and experience new activities and games that she had never been able to participate in on the ship. There was always too much to do, and not enough time. Killian pulled into an inn and grabbed his and Emma's bags. He checked into a room and did nothing but collapse on the bed.

"We're going to find him, Killian," she reassured. "Nothing is impossible if you just believe and have determination. I wouldn't be with you right now if I had given up so soon."

"Aye, I know. I just hope I get to meet him before time runs out."