Chapter 13

Three Weeks Later...

Emma had went back to work, settling into Killian's cabin after her shifts. Sometimes it was early enough that they could have dinner together, but other times, she was coming in late at night. He was never asleep though. He would always stay up and wait for her. That evening, Emma got in really late. All the lights were off, but she found her way into the bedroom. Candles lit up the room, and she gasped in surprise. Killian climbed off the bed. He held two glasses filled with wine in his hands and moved over to her.

"I figured you might want to relax tonight," he said in a husky voice and handed the wine to her. "Maybe I could help?"

Emma blushed and hoped that it was dark enough so he couldn't see. "Um, I guess."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her to the bed. They both laid down and sipped their wine. The way Killian looked at her made her want to hide. She wasn't used to being the center of attention. Once their wine was gone, Emma climbed onto him and sat on his lap, towering over him.

"You're perfect," she whispered and leaned down to kiss him.

He flipped them over so he was on top. "No, you are." He went back to kissing her passionately.

Emma's heart began to beat faster as she became more nervous. She knew that she wanted Killian to have all of her. To claim her as his. She knew that he wouldn't physically be hers, but in every other way he already was. He belonged to her and she belonged to him. Nothing and no one was going to keep them apart. Killian pulled away first and fell back onto the bed beside her. He was in a sitting position, and bunched the sheets up to hide himself from her.

"Why'd you stop?" She asked, propping herself up on her elbows and licking her lips.

"We both know where that was going to end up if I went on."

"What if I wanted it to?" He looked at her over his shoulder, and she was biting her lip in nervousness. "I love you, and I trust you."

"If I did this, Emma, you could never get it back. This is the gift for your husband."

"And what if I wanted that to be you?"

Killian laughed. "I should be the one doing this."

"Forget about what should happen. You should be with your real family, but you're here. Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't want this." She sat up and leaned in front of him.

"Aye, love, I do." He lunged forward and his lips landed on hers in an urgent and lust fueled kiss. Emma kissed back with as much as she got. Her instincts took over. While she was still nervous, she had more confidence. This was the man she loved, and who loved her back. She knew this was going to work out fine. Killian unlaced her dress in the back and let it fall. He then unhooked her bra and let that join her dress on the floor. Emma grabbed the sheet and pulled it up over her body, but he tugged it away from her and stared at her. A bright red blush fell on her cheeks. "You are beautiful. Don't hide yourself." He leaned down and kissed her again, while letting his hands wander over her body. He removed the rest of her clothes and his.

"Be gentle," she reminded him. He nodded and kissed her once more.

When they finished, Killian held her in his arms while Emma played with his chest hair.

"We really have to go to sleep," she said, but continued to run her fingers up and down his chest.

"Aye, but I don't want to," he whispered. His fingertips dancing over her arm.

"I love it here with you."

"Me too." He kissed her head and moved so he was leaning over her, but he wasn't on top of her. "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No. Stop worrying about me. I'm okay. Really."

"Good. I couldn't live with myself if I had." Eventually, the two drifted off to sleep, each dreaming about the future with each other, and what it held in store. In the morning, Killian woke Emma up with kisses and small nips. She looked down at her body to see dark love marks. She looked back up to Killian and kissed him good morning. Her muscles ached, but in a good way. He got up off the bed and got dressed. "The ship docks in a little while, and we still have to pack."

Emma sat up, moving the sheets so it covered her breasts. "I haven't explored the world outside of the docks in so long."

"Well, we get to go on adventure, because we have a lot of places to go and people to see."

"Are you really sure you want to find your father?"

"Emma, I have to. I'm ready to meet him. I need answers." He twisted around and pecked her lips. "Get dressed, love. I'm going to fetch us some breakfast."

She did as was told and took a quick bath. After she had changed into clean clothes, she had just started to brush her wet hair when Killian came in again with two trays in his hands. He placed them down onto the table and walked over to her and took the brush from her hands. He brushed her hair out and smiled at her through the mirror.

"Perfect," he whispered when he finished.

"Let's eat. I'm starving," she said and got up. Emma walked over to the table and waited for Killian to come over and sit down before she did, but he stood next to her, wondering why she hadn't taken her seat.

"Love?"

She seemed to break out of her trance, and realized that she wasn't serving him, she was eating with him. Her cheeks flushed a bright red and she leaned against the table while covering her face with her hands. "Sorry, I forgot that I'm not really serving you."

He laughed. "It's alright, darling." He placed his hand on her shoulder and waited for her to remove her hands before leading her to the chair. When she was seated, he gave her her tray and sat down himself. "You don't have to apologize to me, Swan."

She nodded and they dug into their food. Once they were finished, Emma rushed out of the room to help clean up before the ship docked. Mary Margaret was going to help Killian pack Emma's things so as soon as the ship was docked, they could get off and start their lives together.