Chapter 12

As he watched her sleep, he didn't want anything more than to just hold her in his arms. Sure, he had dreams and his own fantasies about how their first time would go, if she even wanted to give him something that she would never get back. He would respect her wishes and leave her pure and untouched for her future husband. The gift of her virginity was for her husband, and he secretly hoped that that would be him. As the time ticked by, Killian knew he should try to sleep, but he wasn't tired. A part of him was worried that when he woke up, she wouldn't be laying in his arms anymore, but the other part told him that he shouldn't worry. As he started to really relax, he realized how tired he actually was. He buried his nose in her hair, and held her even tighter, and then drifted off to sleep.

When Emma woke up, she didn't know where she was until she felt Killian against her back. His soft snoring calmed her down, and she remembered him coming to see her in the brig. After she fell asleep, he must have brought her up to his room. She turned over and his relaxed face made him look younger. She brushed stray hairs out of his face and he sighed happily. It made her giggle. Emma snuggled up into his arms more and nuzzled her head into his chest. He held her tighter. When she felt him press a kiss to her head, she knew he was awake. She climbed up on top of him and kissed his neck, jaw, lips, and cheeks. He laughed and slowly opened his eyes. A smile grazed his lips and his hands found his way to her hips.

"I like you up there," Killian said.

Emma blushed and fell forward, falling on his chest. He laughed and ran his hands up and down her back. "I love you." Her head lay over his heart, and she could hear his steady heartbeat.

"I love you too." Killian was exceptionally giddy now. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly. "You have no idea what it means to finally hear that coming from your lips." He then kissed her happily.

"I know." She started to cry, and she had no idea why. "It was just Cole. I wanted to tell you. I really did. But that day that he told me that I couldn't be with you, I knew you could never know what I felt.

"No matter what happens, you can tell me anything. And I mean anything. No secrets, okay?"

"No secrets," Emma agreed. She glanced over at the antique grandfather clock in the corner of the room. "I have to go. Duty calls."

Killian groaned and held her tighter. "No. You aren't going anywhere."

"I have to or else Neal will have my head."

"Fine. But you are joining me for dinner."

"Fine by me," she giggled and kissed him softly, and then got out of bed. She slipped her shoes on and combed her hair with her fingers. "I'll see you tonight."

"I can't wait, my love."

At dinner that evening, Killian was at the table before Emma. He glanced at the clock and saw that it was only more five minutes until dinner began. He found himself staring at the door, waiting for Emma to come through. When she did, his jaw dropped to the floor. A smile spread across her face and she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and glanced down at her feet to hide her blush. She had a sea green dress on that went down to her feet. There was a slit in the dress on the side of her leg, starting about halfway down her thigh. Her hair was pinned up in an elegant bun with small curls framing her face.

"Swan, you look gorgeous," he complimented and kissed her on the cheek. Looking at her up close, her makeup was a green eye shadow with a little bit of eyeliner too. Her lips were a dark red shade, while her skin glowed in the soft light of the ship.

"Thank you."

Killian pulled out her chair for her and went back to his. He noticed that most of the men in the room had their eyes on Emma, but she was only staring at him. He drummed his fingers on his leg in an attempt to hide his nervousness. There was another reason why he wanted to invite her to dinner. Yes, he had missed her, but there was one question that was burning in his mind. Once dinner had started and they had ordered, Killian reached across the table and took her hands in his.

"Swan, I really need to ask you something," he began. "I know we haven't known each other long, but I love you with all my heart-"

Emma cut him off. "Woah, woah, woah."

"Calm down, Swan, I'm not proposing." He let out a small laugh. "After the ship docks, I'm going to find my real father. I wanted to know if you'd like to come along with me. What do you say? Let's run away and we can be happy together."

"Killian, I, don't know. It would make me happy to run away with you, but what about my life here?"

"Leave it here where it belongs. You don't have to stay here. We'll find my real father together, and then we can be a happy family. The family that we both should have. It's just, my family won't be complete without you."

Emma took her hands out of his and folded them onto her lap. "Who else would we have in our family?"

"Well, let's see. We would have you and me, and our children, obviously. My real dad. Any siblings that I could have and-

"Wait, go back for a second. Our children? You've thought about our kids?"

"Emma, of course I have! I wouldn't imagine not having them with you."

"What else would happen in our future together?"

"Well, let's see. We'll live on a farm and have lots of animals. I was thinking we could have a girl and a boy, but I wanted to be married first." He put his head down. "I'm sorry if I'm scaring you. I've just been thinking about us a lot."

"No, it's okay. I'm not scared."

"Y-you're not?"

"No, of course not!" Emma laughed. "I can't wait to see what our future holds."