Batman did what!?

Thomas walked into the classroom, laughing and
Socializing with his friends before he spotted her. In her usual seat. Next to his empty one.

His friends slapped his shoulders and back, pushing him forward towards her as they noticed he had caught her attention.
"Man, this again!" Damien said. "Steer clear." He warned as he walked out of the room to his own class.

Thomas sighed and sat next to her in his seat, smiling at her when she flashed a smile at him.

Lucy hadn't really interacted with guys her age. Her father didn't allow her to do so. The only interactions she had was with her fathers henchmen or when he took her to meet with partners and they too had children.

But they were all very short lived.

Thomas was different, she could tell that he had some sort of pull to her. And she'd be lying if she didn't feel the same. She had just learned to conceal her emotions and feelings much better than the average person, all thanks to her father.

"How are you?" She asked shyly.

"I'm fine, h-how are you?" He almost stuttered.

Lucy chuckled. "Ya know, for the rich popular guy in school, you're awful shy," she smiled at him.

"Y-you know?" He asked.

"I know what? I hear the kids talk about how rich you are. You're Bruce Wayne's son. But it doesn't phase me. My dads rich too so don't think I'm impressed by money," she smirked.

Thomas laughed. "Oh so you're not a gold digger is what you're telling me," he laughed.

Lucy shook her head. "My dad has given me almost everything I've ever wanted," she grinned at him.

Thomas nodded, knowing full well she was talking about Joker. But he didn't want to jump into that conversation yet.

Her face suddenly fell, her eyes darkening and her smile fading.

"Especially without mom...he's always tried to buy my happiness," she said.

"Oh...without your mom? I'm sorry..." Thomas said as his voice got quiet.

Lucy clenched her fist.

"She was killed by that stupid Batman." She said in a lower voice. Thomas's heart dropped.

"I was a baby..." her voice drifted but she quickly looked up ahead of her and smiled, turning back to Thomas and grinning at him.

"Wow...I'm. Sorry." Thomas barely choked out.
He had a difficult time grasping the fact that his father had killed anyone. Especially in those days.
If Lucy was a baby, so was he.
And as far as Thomas knew, Batman had hung his belt before he was born.

Lucy smirked and didn't say a word.

Thomas sunk in his seat, his heart pounding. Great. There's no way I can ever hope for anything to happen with her.