Chapter 20 - Training

A/N: Hey guys! I'm alive! I haven't had the motivation to write but I guess I have the motivation now so enjoy! :) ALSO SPOOPY MONTH OMG I SHOULD MAKE A HALLOWEEN CHAPTER

"Alright, Y/N! You ready for your first training session?" Pearl asked gleefully, clasping her hands together.

"Of course I'm ready!" you smiled as you stood from the couch.

"Pearl, can I come?" Peridot asked, sending you a concerned look, "just so Y/N doesn't get stabbed or anything."

"Peridot, don't be so scared," you snickered, "I doubt I'd get sta-"

"Pearl has gotten stabbed before!" Steven said as he opened the door. He was holding hands with Connie. The color drained from your face.

"Good joke, Steven," you snickered.

"No, really, she got stabbed by holo-Pearl!" Steven explained as he followed Pearl to the warp pad.

"Yes, Steven, I got stabbed, but I'm alright now!" Pearl said, "It won't ever happen to one of my students!"

"Pearl, can I please come? Just in case?" Peridot begged.

"Yes, you can come," Pearl rolled her eyes. Everyone went onto the warp pad and warped to the sky arena.

* * *

"Y/N, here is your sword," Pearl said, handing you a sword. You held it unsteadily and smiled.

"Awesome!" you laughed, swinging it around.

"Don't swing it around like that!" Peridot yelled from where she was sitting. "You could cut yourself!"

Pearl shook her head, "Peridot is right-"

"I am?!" Peridot exclaimed.

"-you shouldn't swing your sword around like that, you could fall and stab yourself or cut yourself..." Pearl continued. "Anyways! Connie, Steven, if you two could fuse and practice over there. Y/N and I will go over the basics here."

"Okay!" Steven and Connie said together as they ran away.

"Alright, Y/N, lower your body and widen your feet. Like this," Pearl demonstrated. You copied her.

"Perfect," she smiled. "I'll summon holo-Pearl and I want you to stab the hologram around the stomach."

You nodded and raised your sword as Pearl summoned the holo-Pearl.

"Do you wish to engage in combat?"

"Sure," you said.

"Commencing duel."

The hologram swung at you. You quickly jumped up and avoided the attack. You swiftly drew back your sword and thrusted it into it's stomach.

"Defeat accepted," holo-Pearl said and disappeared.

"Woohoo!" Peridot exclaimed and jumped up. She ran and hugged you. "You're awesome!"

"Great job, Y/N," Pearl congratulated you, "you're a natural!"

  "Aw, thanks guys!"