Chapter 2 - Nice to Meet You

You woke up on the floor. Your back ached as you sat up and wiped the drool off of your cheek. You groaned as you heard the rapping knocks of a person at your door.

"Hello," you said as you opened the door of your house.

"Hi, here's your letter," the mailman said as he held out the letter towards you. You grabbed it and smiled when you saw it was from your mom. The mailman looked you up and down, "did you just wake up?"

"Why... What time is it?" you asked as you grabbed your phone. The bright screen showed that it was 11:54.

"Get a mailbox so next time I don't have to wake you up from your sleep," the mailman said. He took a step away from the door.

"Yeah, I'll do that," you said, yawning, you waved as he started to walk away.

"My name's Jamie by the way!" He yelled as he jogged away.

"Mine's Y/N!" you yelled back. You smiled as you ripped open the letter and read the inside.

"Hey honey!

      Just wanted to remind you I love you and that if anything goes wrong in Beach City you can come back home!

Love Mom"

You laughed and set the letter into the kitchen counter. You finally decided to unpack your things.

-

You huffed as you sat down onto your couch and closed your eyes. You felt your phone buzz. You glanced down at the phone and noticed that it was Pokémon Go notifying you of a Pokémon outside! You decided instead of catching imaginary creatures on your phone, you would check out the marvellous statue on the beach.

You walked down to the beach, saying hi to Peedee on the way over, and glanced up at the house. The ocean smelt like salt and the waves lapped vigorously.

You walked up the enormous number of stairs and arrived to the porch of the house. You politely knocked on the door.

"Steven! There's a human at the door!" a high voice said.

"Coming!" a boy called as he ran towards the door and pried it open.

"Hi," you said, looking down at the poofy-haired boy.

"Can I help you?" the boy asked cheerfully as his curls bobbed up as he smiled.

"I just wanted to meet whoever lives here, it's a really nice house, y'know?" you said.

"Oh, okay! Want to come on in?" The boy asked politely, "my name's Steven."

"Oh, sure, Steven!" you replied. "Thanks."

You looked around. There was a nice kitchen on the right side of the room and on the left side was a couch and stairs leading up to an open bedroom.

"Wow, the inside is as pretty as the outside!" you exclaimed with stars in your eyes.

You looked on the couch to see a green person with yellow, triangular hair. She had a visor on and was typing away at an iPad. She looked up at you and you could see her face. She had beautiful, gleaming eyes and a green, upside-down triangle gemstone on her forehead.

"Steven, who's this?" the person asked.