Chapter 13 - Reunited

You barged into the temple. "I'M ALIVE!" you yelled as you nearly tripped over your own two feet.

"OH MY STARS!" Steven cried, running towards you and pulling you into a hug. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD OR WORSE!"

"Steven! I'm fine!" you said.

"They took you away in the ship and we were so worried a- and..."

"Steven!" you said, ruffling his hair. "Those Homeworld Gems are no match for me." Steven looked up at you with teary and tired eyes, smiling. "Where's everyone else?"

"Peridot's watching the TV on my bed and the gems are looking for a way to get to Homeworld to find you," Steven said, wiping his nose.

"Thank you," you smiled, ruffling his hair again. You snuck upstairs to see Peridot watching Camp Pining Hearts. She seemed so dazed that she hadn't noticed you come inside the house. "Hey Peri."

"...Y/N?!" Peridot screamed, looking over her shoulder and falling off the bed that she was sitting on. "You're alive? What did they do to you? Are you okay?"

"Peridot, I'm fine," you reassured, flustered from all the attention.

"You're saying they did nothing to harm you?"

"Well- no," you said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "They made me a gem." You showed her where your gem is. She stared at your gem in awe.

"Does it function appropriately?" she asked.

"Yeah, it works," you said.

"I knew they were low on resources on Homeworld, but I never knew they would strip a gem of their ability of creating a physical form," Peridot said to herself. "This gem that you have, still has a mind of her own. She's still her own person, yet she must not be able to form."

"What?" you asked, weirded out.

"You may be able to use the abilities of this gem, but the gem itself is still her own person."

"Y/N!" you heard the Crystal Gems yell from the just activated warp pad.

a/n: omg so i had a big ol' writers block and i was like peridot has gotta sound like a nerd so yeah. i listened to hotto dogu when i was writing this its gooood