Chapter 14 - Slumber Party

"You're alive?!" Amethyst and Pearl screeched.

"Yep," you said, shrugging. "They let me go 'cause I'm too cool."

"Y/N, really, what happened when Homeworld took you?" Garnet asked.

"Well..." you started. Steven's eyes lit up.

"Story time!" Steven exclaimed. He sat beside you and swayed his legs.

"They took me onto their ship, and implanted this gem into me," you stated, showing them your g/c gem. They all gasped.

"A g/n..." Pearl murmured, furrowing her eyebrows. You cleared your throat.

"Anyways, a Peridot watched me for a few weeks while we flew to Homeworld," you glanced at Peridot. "When we got to Homeworld, I was taken to Yellow Diamond. She sent me to the training field, but I did not do as good as the other gems. I was forced to train on helpless gems, learning how to crack and shatter them." You took a shaky breath.

"You didn't shatter anyone, did you?" Steven asked tearfully.

"I-" you stammered, "I shattered three gems." Your gaze went to the floor. "The Diamonds took away these gems weapons and abilities. They couldn't defend themselves."

"It's not your fault, Y/N," Peridot put a hand on your shoulder. You shook your head.

"Yellow Diamond noticed I wasn't shattering as many gems as the other pupils had. Some gems shattered hundreds. I was sent to a private trainer, where I acted as if I couldn't use my gem." you continued. "My private trainer, Amazonite, got so frustrated she went to rant to Yellow Diamond. She left me alone, so I escaped onto a ship that was travelling back to Earth."

The Crystal Gems talked among themselves for a few minutes, after hearing of what you said.

"I thought Homeworld was low on resources, but now we are hearing that they are creating gems for the sole purpose of shattering them?" Pearl said to Garnet and Amethyst.

"I doubt Y/N is lying about what she said, Pearl," Garnet shot a look at her.

"I never said she was lying," Pearl snapped.

After a few minutes, the gems suggested that you got some rest. You agreed, since you hadn't gotten any sleep in a few days.

"Y/N! Let's have a slumber party! Who wants in?" Steven exclaimed.

"Yo, I'll join," Amethyst walked over.

"Um," Peridot stammered, "I will join this 'slumber party' as well."

"Alright," you yawned, collapsing on Steven's bed. "Ouff." Steven threw a blanket on top of you while Amethyst made her way up the stairs.

Amethyst and Steven laid on the floor, cracking jokes to each other, while Peridot and you say on the bed. You wear wrapped in the blanket like a burrito.

"Y/N... Pssst Y/N!" Peridot whispered. You cracked open an eyelid. "What is a 'slumber party?'"

"You sleep," you mumbled, rolling in your burrito.

"What is sleep?" Peridot asked, "I mean- I've heard about it, but how do you do it?"

You sighed, "You close your eyes, clear your mind, and then your magically sleeping!"

Peridot laid down beside you and closed her eyes, "Like this?"

"But you don't talk!"

"Ok..." Peridot murmured. After a few seconds she opened her eyes again. "Your instructions are flawed, this is not working."

You huffed, looking over to Amethyst and Steven asleep. You unrolled yourself from your blanket. "Let's try this differently, then," you said, tired. You scooted towards Peridot and put the blanket over you both.

"What is the purpose of this?"

"Cuddling," you mumbled, half of you already asleep.

"What is cuddling?" Peridot asked as you wrapped your arms around her.

"This," you smiled. Your chest was to her back and your arms were around her waist. You listened to her breathing as it slowed down. Quiet, cute snores came from the green alien.

"Cute."

a/n: ARE YOU HAPPY?! I DID IT!!!! :0000 Over 600 words!