Chapter 48- Losing

"That's cute." Sans says with a smirk as he snuggles himself into the sheets, making it more comfortable to sleep.

He closed his eyes, a small smile on his face. It wasn't long before he fell asleep peacefully, his chest rising up and down slowly.

You sigh heavily, waiting for your thoughts to stop racing. Your consciousness ebbed, swirling into a pit of darkness before slipping into a world of chaotic dreams.

-------------------------------------------------

"Fuck!"

You woke up to the sound of a thud and Sans' voice coming from the end of the bed.

"Sans, what are you doing?" You mumble as you rub your eyes.

"Shit. I wasn't supposed to wake you. Go back to sleep Y/N, I hit my toe on the piano stool." Sans whispers sheepishly.

You sit up fully with your eyes open to see that Sans was rubbing his foot, trying to get rid of the pain that he had just inflicted upon himself.

"Where you off?" You ask curiously, watching Sans pull on his leather jacket.

"Frisk is in trouble." He says bluntly.

He already had one of his shoes on and it seemed he was searching for the other.

"What? Can I help?" You say as you start to peel the covers off your body.

Sans hesitates for a moment.

"I dunno, I don't want you getting hurt. I don't know what Frisk has gotten himself into this time." He says as he rubs the back of his neck.

"I'm not going to get hurt, I have my own powers to protect myself." You cross your arms and look away from Sans.

"Fine, just-"

"Lemme get my shoes."

You interrupt Sans and rush out the room before he could say another word.

Your eyes scan for your pair of boots. Once you find them, you grab them and pull them onto your feet.

You walk into the bedroom to find Sans pacing up and down, his breathing unsteady and his jaw clenched.

"Sans?" You call out quietly, afraid you might set him off.

"Just wrap your arms around me." He says sternly.

You do as you told, wrapping your arms around Sans. In seconds, the warm room you were once in changes into a freezing cold blizzard.

Sans lets go of you almost immediately after you hit the ground.

The snow flakes had created a whirlwind of white, making it very difficult to see anything beyond ten centimetres from where you were both standing. Also, it was pitch black from how late it was so it didn't really help your situation.

Sans lets out a shaky breath as his eyes started darting more wildly with each passing second.

"FRISK!" He calls out, a scream almost.

You could tell he was panicking.

"Whoa, Sans. What's happening? Are you okay?" You say to Sans and grab his hand in hope he'd calm down.