Attracted to the bad boy [bxb] chapter seventeen

I was standing outside my house slightly bouncing on my feet as I could not stand still out of anticipation. While getting ready this morning it seemed like I did everything faster than normal. My usual not so cheery mood was better than it had been on a long time. Even surprising my mother and Stephen.

Luckily I didn't have to wait long before his black car pulled up beside me. I opened the door and jumped in in the passenger seat next to him. I glanced in the rearview mirror but couldn't see Lindsey anywhere. He probably made her take the buss or something. I felt a little bad for her but I felt better in such way that he did that just so he could pick me up 'alone'. When I was seated properly he leaned over and gave me a short kiss before saying 'good morning'.

"I was wondering... how do we, you know... act today?" I asked. This was something I had been wondering ever since last night. Would he pretend like we were just friends in school or was he going to come out to everyone? I would never pressure him to have to do that, I know how scary that can be. Especially if he isn't ready to tell everyone yet, which wouldn't be a surprise since we got together only yesterday.

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or anything but I want everyone to know that you're mine", he said turning his head so he could give me a short smile before setting his eyes on the road again. "Really?", I asked gleaming at him even though he probably couldn't see. He nodded and drove up on the parking lot in front of the school. "However I haven't told my parents yet. But I want you with me when I do", he said while parking closes to the entrance. It was his spot, everyone knew not to take it.

"Of course I'll come with you if, you want me to," I smiled at him and he thanked me before getting out of the car. I followed his lead and unbuckled my seatbelt and jumping out. When I say jumping I'm not totally lying, this car was high.

Samuel was waiting on the other side of the car, the moment I reached his side he put his arm around my waist. My cheeks instantly flared red and by the smug look on his face I figured he noticed. "Babe, come on", he said and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek leading me in through the entrance. Inside the girls smiled flirtatiously when they saw Samuel, however as soon as they saw me under his arm their smiles turned into sneers. Luckily not all of them showed it, and some even manage to put a smile on their face.

As we walked though the halls and towards my locker I spent most of the time with my eyes glued to the ground. I would look up occasionally every now and then when Samuel greeted people he knew and what not. I felt pretty okay though, so far most seemed to be fine about us being together, and if some wasn't they had at least kept their mouths shut.

As we arrived by my locker I saw Brent further down by his, talking with some of his other friends. He waved when he looked up and saw me. When it finally clicked to him that why Samuel was accompanied me, wiggled his bows and I quickly looked away from him. Gosh, he can be so embarrassing sometimes; Samuel however only laughed.

"I hate him sometimes," I groaned to Samuel while putting away the things I wouldn't need for the next coming periods. "You're his best friend, so you're going to have to love him," Samuel answered and stroke away a few blond hair stands from my forehead. "But he always tries to embarrass me," I pouted. "Well, I find that it's rather cute when you blush so I don't mind at all", Samuel said and smirked at me before he leaned down and gave me a quick kiss. "I'll see you later babe," he said and walked towards his friend who stood and waited on him. Finishing gathering my stuff I walked up to Brent.

"Shut up!" I said before even Brent got the chance to say anything, I could tell from the smirk on his face that he was about to say something highly inappropriate. I proceeded my way towards the classroom in silence, I didn't even need to look at Brent to know that he still held a pleased look on his face as he walked next to me.

Ignoring the whispers that erupted when I walked in, I made my way to my usual seat, which was literally in the centre of the classroom. People seated around me kept starring an whispering among themselves, and each time they would mention my name in the same sentence as Samuel's I would blush. I guess news travel fast, huh. Unfortunately Brent didn't sit next to me since the teacher had decided that it was not 'suitable' or 'appropriate' having us sit next to each other during class. I'm totally blaming it all on Brent though.

The whispers somewhat ceased as the teacher walked in and began his lecture. It wasn't that much of as interest to me but I still took this as an opportunity to concentrate on something else than the conversations around me. Half way through the teacher handed out some papers and asked us to quickly answered the questions, based on the information he had just given us on the board. Reading the questions I easily could estimate this to not take to long to finish. It wasn't too hard to understand and write down short, yet fully acceptable answers.

A poke on my shoulder got me to look up from my paper. The girl sitting on the right next to me studied me intently before opening her mouth. "Is it true?" she asked and her eyes sparked with interest as she spoke the words. ''Oh, I'm Kate by the way','' she quickly added. Even though we've shared some classes together for over two years now I think this is the first time she's ever, beside any group projects, spoken directly at me. I've only seen her a couple of times in the corridors and if so she's usually alone.

"Yeah," I answered hardly meeting her eyes at all, the blush heated up my cheeks. "I don't want to intrude or anything but, why?" she asked leaning a bit closer to avoid the teacher hearing us. I looked at her confused, "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, he is good looking and all but honestly he's kind of rude, don't you think?" she said and gave me a questioning look. "No I don't. He's actually really nice and it may not seam like it but he does nothing but care for the people around him. I'm not saying that he can't be mean because I'm sure he can, but it's only when people are up and about in his business. And I believe that no one would let someone just interfere in something that they don't want them to", I answered as honestly as I could. I know that there is something that he is hiding that makes him so reserved from others, but I'm not about to bring it up until he does so himself. Because even though I feel a bit hurt not knowing everything about him, I respect his privacy and considering what I've been through myself, I understand that somethings take time and a lot of trust to be able to tell someone.

I don't know why, and I have honestly no reason to feel this upset about her asking such a thing because there is nothing wrong with asking someone and wanting to know. I can be curious myself, but there was just something about the way she had said it that made me fuming inside. She was about to say something and I could understand that it wasn't anything good, so I didn't let her either. "I don't care that people might think he is rude, but to actually say it and not knowing him is just disrespectful towards him, and for the people close to him. Especially when you say to me, his boyfriend, that he is being mean while I'm sure he hasn't even said a single word to you. I bet you've not even tried to have a decent conversation with him because if you would've you'd realise he is not." I said and she looked a bit taken aback from my rant, but it quickly changed to daring.

"If he is so perfect then, how come he would go for someone like you?" she said and tried to put up a innocent façade "I mean, I'm sure he could find someone else.. someone better, like me." she smiled at me, but there was nothing nice about the way her lips curved up or the gleam in her eyes.