Attracted to the bad boy [bxb] chapter eight

Jaspers POV 

This morning before school I had a determination on actually do something about the Samuel situation. After a long pep talk from my mother she finally convinced me of that the worst that could happen were that Samuel would want nothing to do with me. And yes I told her everything this morning about how I feel about him, she kind of pressed me to it but now I'm kind of happy that she did.  

Even though I really wish that it won't come to that ending I feel like if I don't try I'll never know and I feel like thats worse. Not knowing if I missed something up just because I'm afraid of rejection, I'll still have Brent and all my other friends by my side and life will continue on. Yes, it would suck with out Samuel but I'll live and what if it will turn out for the better? Maybe if he would reject me I would finally be able to get over him and find someone more suitable to have a crush on. Someone that might actually like me back.

Anyways I tried to approach him during lunch but as I got close my mind just kind of froze so to not feel as awkward I had quickly started a conversation with Linds who sat luckily by the table as well at the time. She had understood what I planned the moment she saw me.  But she also understood that the confidence I had disappeared once I realised what I was about to do. Luckily I can count on her as a friend and she played along with me and held a normal conversation. 

I left the cafeteria earlier so I would get time to pick up all my books for the last classes. Me having not having much luck unfortunately had my locker furthest away and always had to leave before the others if I wanted to get in time.

When I later on sat in class and tried to listen what the teacher was tying to teach us I just couldn't focus. Almost the whole day had passed and soon enough it would be time to go home and I still hadn't talked to Samuel. I knew that if I didn't do it today it most likely would never happen at all. Not wanting to deal with this now I laid my head against the table trying to ease my mind and let all thoughts go. However that didn't last long as everyone suddenly got quiet and I could feel some sort of anticipation in the classroom. 

I lifted my head and saw all eyes on me, once I caught the teachers glare I cringed slightly. I've never been much of a troublemaker so every time I get caught doing something wrong, even the smallest  things I can never stand up for myself and I always get all fidget and nervous. 

"I would appreciate if you could pay more attention in my class, Mr Winterstorm" The teacher, Mrs Reinholt sternly told me before turning back to the board continuing explaining the cold war which most didn't give a shit about. My class mates snickered when I blushed and sank lower in my seat. When the bell rang I was one of the first ones out of there making my way quickly to my locker deciding on skipping last period to find Samuel. I was almost hundred percent sure he wasn't in his class that he was suppose to be in. Most likely he was standing behind the school smoking. 

As the corridors got empty I quickly left the corridor and when straight outside to the schools backside. Rounding the corner I could see someone leaning against the main building  I would lie if I didn't say I thought he looked hot standing there smoking looking like he didn't give one care about anything.  

I slowly made my way there comforting my thoughts in hopes that this would soon be over with. "You know smoking isn't good for you" I said and he must not have heard me approach, because the moment I spoke his eyes flew open like he had got caught before he slowly composed himself again.

A faint smirk played on his lips "There's a lot of things thats bad for you" he said still leaning against the wall. Oh, my, god the way he made me feel inside was just not normal. All I could think of was how much I would like to kiss him and devour his lips right here and now. I let my eyes linger on his lips but movement made my eyes focus on the cigarette in his hand that he slowly moved to his mouth. No way in hell I'm going to stand here watch him ruin his life by smoking. So I quickly snatched the cigarette from his hand and threw it on the ground. 

The surprise on his face was clear before he suddenly looked quite angry making me take a cautious step back. "Why would you do that?! It was my last one you- you... dumbhead" His voice slipped from demanding and strong to hesitating and weak. I don't know why but this made me smile slightly not knowing what but something had caused him a moment of weakness. Even his insult was weak and far from what he usually would have used if someone would've do what I did.

"Really? Dumbhead... you couldn't think of anything better?" My confidence form this morning had slowly returned and I feel smug as I looked up at a confused looking Samuel. Aww how cute. I decided that it was now or never if I ever would want to make a move.

I took one step closer making him look even more confused and almost like he was about to give up something he had been fighting for a long time. Like something he had been holding onto slowly broke away and he was left there in front of me fragile and exposed. I have actually no idea of where all this braveness came from and this was so unlike me to do. As I took step after step closer we soon stood almost chest to chest, him with his back pressed up against the wall having nowhere to escape. 

Samuels POV

As Jasper had somewhat managed to trap me against the wall I mentally slapped myself when I felt my heartbeat faster and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was shorter than me, not much though but enough to make him cute and hard to take seriously. However now I had a hard time imagine him not being serious. As I looked down at his small frame I realised how much control he had over me right now. 

"I like you... hell I probably more than just like you" He said as he placed a small hand on my chest. I held my breath as he took half a step closer to me. "Why can't you just by any chance like me back?" He half whispered defeated while I was too astounded by him to say anything. After a moment of silence he slowly took away his hand on my chest before turning around leaving me there behind the school as the final bell rang out. 

The warm tingles on my chest where his hand once were slowly died out and I instantly missed that feeling. I knew for sure that he liked me know and that made me feel all energised but what I would now do with that information I had no idea. I did now know that I couldn't lie to myself anymore that I didn't somewhat like him. 

It's just that I don't know how to deal with all of this. If I decided that I do want to be with him I'm going to have to come out to my family and school. I know that almost no one in school cares if someone's gay or not it's just that I don't know how my mother is going to react. My father won't have any problems with it I'm sure. He's been really nice to his brother ever since he came out to the family, however I do know my mum had some problems with him being gay and so close to the family. 

So is it worth risking my relationship with my mother to get a chance on being with Jasper? I didn't even know he existed until a couple of weeks ago and I've barely talked to him at all. Though I feel like I known him for years and because he's been all Lindsey's been talking about lately I want to know more about him. I want to know everything from the easiest things like what he prefers on his pizza and to his secrets he's never told nobody... this makes me wonder; does he even like pizza?