30.

{Jimin's POV}

I didn't think I'd make it out of this shit hole alive, but I did. Who thought I'd end up rotting in a cell for 9 years, just because I fell in love with a prostitute.

"Nature sure as hell is bautiful, isn't it?" The gateman spoke as he rested an arm around my shoulders.

"It is." I smiled as I squinted at the sky.

"Don't do any other illegal shit or you'll end up being isolated again." He laughed and so did I.

He left me and went back to guarding the gate.

I looked at the plastic bag that carried all of my belongings. I breathed in the clean air and smiled to myself.

It is so good to be outside.

They let me have one phone call to let someone give me a ride, but Jin didn't pick up, so I decided to walk until I found a cab.

Good thing my wallet was still in the plastic bag, but my phone's battery was as good as dead.

I stayed steady on the sidewalk as I looked at the sky.

Jail wasn't what they showed on TV. I didn't come out of it looking like a hobo with a horrendous beard. They let us shave.

Sure, I was pale, but that was because of the sickening food they fed us, but at least I got out.

Nine years with no signs of Jin.

Nine years with no signs of Sana.

They told me she left after 90 days, but she never visited me.

The investigator knew she told me her real name, but I refused to give him it.

She held onto her job, but pretended to be a normal, jobless girl when I was around.

I still remember how she told me her real name.

I asked her if her real name was Candy, but she just said every stripper and prostitute has to have a fake, yet sexy name.

I didn't ask her what her real name was, but she said it. She just said it.

Apparently, saying her real name was her own, unique way of saying 'I love you'.

I was pulled away from my train of thoughts when three consecutive honks sourced from behind me. I looked back to see a cab, so I immediately waved at the driver, letting him know I needed a ride.

I gave him the address and got in. I couldn't wait to be home.

The ride was long. I never noticed how far the police station was from my house, but it was pretty far.

When I arrived, I gave him the money and stepped out, taking a good look at my house.

I unlocked the door and walked inside.

Empty.

I lived alone and it sure as hell wasn't the kind of returning-from-jail sort of thing. No one surprised me, congratulating me for finally leaving jail. Nothing cliché, just dust.

I walked around the house, smiling at it.

I immediately plugged the charger into my phone and waited for it to turn on.

It's been a while since I've last used it, that's for sure.

When the black apple logo showed up on the white background, I sighed in relief.

I unlocked my phone as I rested my back against the wall, making sure the charger doesn't disconnect.

Even though Jin didn't reply when I called him from the police station, I still decided to text him. I wanted to see my best friend.

From: Seokjin

I'm sorry, man. I can't today. I have to take my daughter to the park.

Daughter.

Of course he got married. How could I have been so foolish?

To: Seokjin

Which park?

From: Seokjin

"The" park, man. Where we used to play football?

I immediately took a shower and put on a clean outfit. I swiftly brushed my hair with my fingers and grabbed the car keys off the table and headed out.

I'm finally seeing Jin!

I got in the car and drove to the park. The memories were bombarding, but I embraced them.

I got out of the car and texted him.

To: Seokjin

Where are you? I'm standing by the gate.

From: Seokjin

I'll meet you there.

I impatiently waited for him to show up and was slightly disappointed when I didn't find a little girl following him.

I grinned at him and pulled him into a hug.

"How does it feel like to be free?" He asked as he pulled out of the hug.

"So good. I'm so glad they believed me when I said you were innocent." I laughed.

"Dad?" The voice was more of a squeak. I looked behind Jin to be greeted by a pair of blue eyes.

"Honey, I told you to stay with your mom!" Jin scolded, seeming almost terrified.

"Hyori!" That voice.

"Mom, dad's here!"

"I thought you were lost." That exact same voice.

And as soon as I saw her face, I felt as if the world split in half and swallowed me in.

"Sana?"