Chapter 98 - Bridal Shower

It was early morning on a Saturday and RJ found Dei seated in front of the laptop that was placed on the kitchen counter in his apartment. She had a serious look on her face and her eyebrows were furrowed in concentration.

"Good morning, babe, you're up early," RJ said as he walked in. He grabbed a mug from the rack and started pouring hot coffee in it.

"Good morning, babe," Dei replied, glancing at him quickly with a smile before turning her gaze back on the laptop. "I couldn't sleep. I'm trying to create a checklist, making sure I haven't missed anything on the wedding preparations."

"Hmmm..." RJ walked over and stood behind her with the mug on his hand and looked at the thing she was working on. "So far everything looks okay. You're doing a great job babe, doing all this on your own and without a wedding planner. I hope you're not getting too stressed though," he said. He placed the mug on the counter and started massaging her shoulders.

"I'm trying my best not to, but better to be stressed now than later, when there are only a few days left before the wedding, right?" she said, leaning her head to the side as RJ worked on her shoulder blades. "I just hope everything turns out fine on the actual day."

"I'm sure it's gonna be perfect," he said, kissing the top of her head. "So... you and your girls are having a party tonight?"

"Yep," Dei answered, turning her stool so she was finally facing him. "It's my bridal shower, yaayy!" she said, throwing her fist in the air in mock enthusiasm.

"You don't seem genuinely excited," RJ observed.

Dei rolled her eyes, "Because they won't tell me what they're up to. I'm nervous, especially since I know how crazy and naughty Stef's ideas can be sometimes.

RJ chuckled. "They just want to surprise you," he said.

"You seem ok with it," Dei noticed, tilting her head to the side and studying his face.

He smiled. "I have no problem with it," he answered, kissing her forehead.

"Really..." Dei said, her eyes narrowed, unconvinced.

"I trust your friends," he said softly, the smile not leaving his face.

"Really..."

"Yes!" RJ said defensively. "And more importantly, I trust you," he whispered, taking in her appearance that morning. She had her hair up in that messy bun that he loved and a few tendrils were falling on the side of her head. Her face was make up free but her cheeks were glowing with a natural blush. She probably scrubbed them raw again when she washed her face that morning but it looked sexy as hell. He leaned in and kissed her on the side of her neck with his hands pressed against the kitchen counter on either side of her.

Dei giggled. "It's too early for that, babe" she said.

"It's never too early for this, babe," RJ whispered against her neck and continued giving her small kisses.

Dei breathed slowly and bit her lip before gently pushing RJ's chest away. "Actually I have a proposal," she said, smiling at him sweetly.

"A proposal?" RJ asked.

"Yep. Let's not do it again from today until the wedding," she said, her smile growing wider.