Chapter 90 - The Announcement

"So... the experiment is ending in less than two weeks..." Matt said, his eyes tearing up a bit as he looked at his lovebirds. He leaned on the table and propped his chin on his hands as he placed both elbows on the table, "how do you guys feel?"

"I'm a bit sad, actually," Dei said. "I can't believe that the three months is almost up." She glanced at RJ and he looked at her.

"I remember we were seated this same way when Matt announced the experiment, and we almost didn't want to do it," he recalled.

"And you were quite a jerk then," Dei told him.

RJ chuckled. "Yeah, well..."

"So much has happened in the span of three months and I am calling the experiment a success. To be honest, though I was hoping for the best, I always thought, or worried, rather, that you guys would head into disaster," Matt told them. "You were two very different individuals and I was always on the edge of my seat during the first month, and especially when Christine came into the picture."

RJ glanced at Dei again and took her hand. "Well as it turned out, we're actually not very different after all."

Matt fanned his eyes, as his tears began falling, and sniffed hard. "Oh my gods, why am I even crying?"

"We're going to miss the experiment, Matt." Dei said. "And we're going to miss you and the way you were always bugging us for live feeds and snaps."

"Bah!" Matt said waving his hand as he wiped his eyes with a hankie. "I'm going to miss you too! Anyway, what did you both learn about marriage during the experiment?"

"Well... I realized that a big part of marriage is just chilling with the person you get along with," RJ said.

"And that marriage is a teamwork between two people," Dei added. "It's really nice to have someone who is always on your team and will always have your back."

RJ played with the stone on Dei's finger. "I learned that marriage isn't easy, but it's absolutely worth it when you are with the person who, at the end of the day, still makes everything okay."

"Awwww..." Matt kept wiping the tears in his eyes. "I'm an emotional wreck today. I think it's the PMS. Anyway, let's try to stray from these feels and let me just ask what your plan is on your last day?"

"Well RJ's parents are arriving next weekend and we're having an engagement party. I'm thinking that it is probably the best time to announce it to everyone too, probably through a series of snaps or a live feed," Dei said.

"How do you plan to do your engagement party?" Matt asked, perking up.

"It's just a simple dinner with our family," Dei answered.

"Do you mind if I tweak it juuuust a little bit?" Matt asked them and the couple looked at each other uncertainly.

Finally, after a few seconds, RJ shrugged and Dei smiled. "Okay."

++++++

"Dei, thank you so much for letting TrendBuzz cover your engagement announcement," Matt said, watching as Dei got made up by a professional make up artist provided by the company.

With Dei and RJ's permission, Matt decided to go all out on the engagement party and announcement. They would have the intimate dinner with the family that they had originally planned, and then they would proceed to another venue nearby where they would make the announcement and meet some of their lucky fans.

"No problem at all, Matt. I'm sure the followers are gonna love it, and it's our way of giving back to them after the support they gave us," Dei replied smiling. "They've been a huge part of how DeiJay was formed after all."