Chapter 35 - DeiJay is Real

"Babe..."

Dei looked up and saw RJ standing in front of her desk, right behind the wall of their cubicle.

"RJ?" she said, looking at him questioningly.

"Babe." he corrected, then sighed. "Matt needs that live feed now. Let's go."

"Okay," she said, locking her laptop screen. RJ walked over to her and held her hand as she stood up, and they silently walked towards the conference room.

Matt still wasn't there when they arrived so they sat and waited. Dei ran her fingers through the keys on the laptop in front of her, avoiding RJ's gaze.

"Babe, please don't do this," RJ said, touching her hand. "It's our first day back from that time out and I've been looking forward to see you all weekend." He reached over and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Let's not fight now."

Dei sighed and looked at him with a small smile. "I know, me too. I'm sorry." she said, finally holding his hand back. "I guess no matter how smart and strong enough I say I am to handle Christine, she could still get through my mind very easily. I didn't mean to doubt you, she's just so good at sparking all these uncertainties and I got easily affected because... You know, you're my first... in everything, and ---"

RJ kissed her softly on the lips.

"Stop," he said, when he pulled away. "You don't need to explain, I understand. I'll just work harder to earn your full trust."

"Thank you," she said, smiling at him gratefully, and placed her palm on his cheek.

"Pssst! Love birds, I said no PDA!" Matt said as he walked into the conference room, and Dei dropped her hand from RJ's face right away. "Here's the small guitar you requested, RJ" he said handing RJ the item.

"It's a ukelele, Matt." RJ said, rolling his eyes.

"It's small, it has strings and looks like a guitar. It's a small guitar for me." Matt replied, taking a seat from one of the chairs and grabbing the piece of pizza he brought. "Go ahead guys, you can use the laptop there. It's already been set up."

"You're going to sing?" Dei asked excitedly.

"Yep!" RJ said, smiling at her.

RJ pressed the button to start the live feed and pulled Dei to a couple of stools placed on the more spacious part of the conference room.

"Hi guys! How are you?" RJ said waving at the camera.

"Hello, TrendBuzzers! Again we're sorry for not being able to post live feeds regularly, but I hope you have been enjoying our snap chats," Dei said smiling.

They spent the first couple of minutes greeting random followers who were asking to be mentioned, and then RJ started checking the tune on the ukelele.