Chapter 6 - First Night

Dei got to their penthouse unit earlier than RJ did. She was glad that she did so because she needed enough time to fix all her things. She couldn't decide what to bring so she brought almost everything, forgetting that they could actually go home twice a week during their time out.

She started arranging her toilettries in the bathroom first and then proceeded to fix her closet. A few minutes later, she got tired of the task and decided to explore the unit some more.

The penthouse unit was huge. It had two bedrooms and both had nice views of the skyline. The windows were huge in all the rooms giving them enough lighting even with the light fixtures turned off.

It was already past 5PM though, so the afternoon light was already casting soft shadows against the walls. She turned the light on in the living area and just became completely in awe with the magnificence of the room as the artificial light touched all of its corners.

The living area had neutral colored furniture that matched the nude wall paint, and there was a grand piano on one corner. Elegant was the perfect word to describe it.

She decided to post a snap using the account that TrendBuzz had created for them.

"Wow, this place is incredible!"

Dei turned around and saw RJ standing by the doorway.

"Hi," RJ greeted her with a shy smile. They didn't have time to talk much after the fake wedding and the awkwardness that started building between them after it was still apparent as they stood there facing each other.

"Hi," Dei greeted back, returning his smile. "Welcome to our new home," she said, gesturing to the large living area with her arms.

"It's incredible!" he repeated, looking at her. "Been here a while?" he asked her, stepping into the living room with his suitcase in tow.

"Just about an hour. I started fixing my things but then I got bored so I looked around and posted a snapchat for the followers first." Dei noticed how he just had a small suitcase and a guitar case and she bit her lip thinking about all the stuff she brought.

"Okay. I'll go to my room first and fix my things," he told her.

"Okay. Yours is the one on the far end." Dei said as he walked over to where the rooms were, and she sat on one of the sofas to check her Twitter feed. She realized that she had gotten more than a thousand followers in the last two days.

"Dei, are these all your stuff?" RJ called from the bathroom.

Dei quickly walked over to the bathroom and found him standing there with a bewildered look on his face. He was staring at the different bottles she had put inside the toiletries compartment. There was a bottle of her favorite shampoo, her conditioner, body wash, feminine wash, and a medium sized bottle of mouth rinse too.