Chapter 49 - Little Pieces of Heaven 2

"The third one on your list is the beach. Unfortunately we don't have time to do that now but we're going to the beach next weekend so that'll make up for it," RJ said as they walked hand in hand to a coffee shop Dei had been wanting to visit for a long time too. "We're going to skip that and move on to number four after our coffee break."

"Okay, our monthsary is slowly turning into a 'Dei Day', babe. The surprises I gave you are no match to all these," Dei said, frowning.

"Hey, they were the best and I love them," he said, putting his arm around her shoulders instead. "Cheer up, here we are..."

"Finally!" she exclaimed and her face broke into a happy smile

They ordered right away and Dei looked around while they waited. She was such a Harry Potter geek and the details inside the coffee shop was making her fangirl heart so happy. She sat back on the table when they got their order.

"Butterbeer," she whispered, amazed, as she stared into the drink with both hands holding the mug. "Several years ago I was only dreaming about drinking one of these."

"Does it taste as good as how you imagined it when reading the book?" RJ asked. He actually just ordered a regular cappuccino.

"Hmmm... Good enough," Dei giggled.

RJ moved his chair beside Dei and placed his arms on the backrest of her chair. They just sat their silently as they downed their drinks. He knew Dei was still trying to take in everything about the coffee shop and he loved how she was staring at each of the items there happily, like a child brought to a huge toy store. He read some of the books and watched the movie but he wasn't a hardcore fan like Dei. He could appreciate her fascination though, so he let her indulge herself to the feeling; the pastries were absolutely great anyway.

They left after a couple of hours and drove to their next destination.

"Number four - stars," RJ said, looking at her for confirmation and she nodded. "I've booked us a room in The Plateau."

She squealed. "RJ, will the surprises ever end?" she asked.

They got to the place in an hour. The Plateau was a luxury hotel and suites built on an elevated landform near the edge of a cliff, thus the name. The suites were surrounded by sweeping fields of green grass and tall trees, and there's a huge fountain right in the middle of the ground. There's a guardrail along the edge and tables were set up there so the visitors could have a nice view of the city below as they have their dinner.

It was around 6:00 when they checked in. The room they got was a corner suite on the third floor right where the sun rises. Dei looked out the huge window and admired the view of the expansive garden and the city below. The place was definitely heaven too.