•C h a p t e r O n e•

Start from the beginning

I, on the other hand walk over to the table that contains my presents. I scout them out and observe their size and weight. I begin to slowly open one when someone clears their throat.

I look up to see my mother with a stern look on her face. I slowly put the present down and scurry away from her and her stern look. Gosh, is that woman scary.

"You suck at sneaking." A familar voice points out.

I roll my eyes and glare at my cousin. "Yeah, well if you had a mother who had a hawk detecter you would suck at it too."

Alana giggles softly before looking at her feet nervously. "What?" I ask her.

"Bryce wants to claim me." She whispers softly.

I stare at my older cousin in bewilderment. "What? You just met him!" I exclaim.

Alana shushes me and shakes her defeatedly. "I know, but it's what mates do Maddi."

I shake my head stubbornly. "Don't let him Lana, you know what will happen if you do. He'll force you to move to his pack or he'll take over here."

"I know, which is why I am down. I don't know what to decide. Either way someone gets hurt." Alana says sadly.

"What do you want Lana?" I ask softly. I realize how selfish it would be to me if I convince my cousin to not allow him to mark her, but then I begin to realize how selfish she is being. I need her.

"I want to be marked." She whispers so softly that if it weren't for my werewolf hearing I wouldn't have heard her.

"Lana!" I exclaim in anger.

Alana sighs in frustration. "See, Maddi look, I don't want to rule in power, I don't care about my ranking. You want power, I want love. I don't need a ranking to be happy, I don't need power to be happy, that's you not me."

I grow red in anger. "You are betraying me and my pack. As your alpha I forbid him to claim you." I say in my alpha voice.

Alana lets out a choke of a sob before shaking her head at me fiercely, "I will never ever forgive you!" She says before harshly exiting the kitchen.

I sigh angrily before turning around to come face to face with the one person I am dreading; my mother.

"What?" I snap in irratation.

"You know what." My mother snaps back in equal irratation.

"She is my beta, I need her." I defend.

My mother shakes her head at me in anger. "No Maddison, you just don't want your cousin to leave. You can easily find another wolf to be your beta. Quit being selfish and go fix this, because if you don't not only will I be severly dissapointed in you but so would your father."

I feel my heart drop to the pit of my stomach at the mention of my father. Before I can say anything my mother is already storming off.

Why did you have to go? I say in my mind to my father. If he was here everything would be perfect. Everyone would be happy.

I decide to follow my mothers order and go after my cousin and make things right.

***

After searching the upstairs area for five minutes I finally catch her scent in my room. I open my wooden door and see my cousin sitting on my bed with a broken look on her face. She doesn't even look up but I know she knows I am here.

I walk over to my queen sized bed and take seat right next to her. "My dream is power and to thrive. I want this pack to strive in victory. When we were younger and at camp I let my mind believe that this is what you wanted. That you were just as hungry for power as I was. I was so blindsided by it that I couldn't see that you were unhappy. You want to be surrounded by pups, I want to be surrounded by my pack members, you want love, I want respect. You're right, it is my dream not yours and by Alpha of the holt pack I lift my rule and allow you, Alana Ash to be claimed by Bryce Ash."

Alana turns to me with large tears in her eyes. "No, you were right. I do want to thrive, I am hungry for power. But now I long to be loved. I will remain your beta but I will allow Bryce to claim me. If he doesn't like my conditions then so be it."

I smile at my cousin and hug her tightly. "I was so scared I was going to loose you. I want you happy, so I was going to let you go."

Alana pulls away and wipes a few tears that managed to escape my cold eyes. "No more crying, you can't show any weakness."

I chuckle lightly at her and shake my head. "No more tears, same goes for you."

Alana giggles and pushes her dirty blonde hair out of her face. "Don't you have a party to attend to?" She mocks while courtseying.

"Why yes, I do believe I do." I say while extending my arm out. Alana takes it and we both strode out of my bedroom with grins plastered onto our face.

///

Well here's chapter one! I hope you guys enjoyed it! It's not fully edited so please beware!

Please show your support and vote, comment and maybe follow :)!

Till next time.