•C h a p t e r T h i r t y T w o REWRITE•

"I keep up these parts of me to remind you that you can touch my iron heart if you try to." –Marina Kaye

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a

C h a p t e r T h i r t y T w o

I will be changing the tense to past. I no longer wish to write in present tense but past.

///

Harsh lights cause me to awaken. I look around to see that I am in a bedroom, Jay's bedroom to be exact. He lays right next to me peacefully. In his sleep, he looks young, innocent, harmless. It confuses me how he's so cold and cruel. Was he morphed into this angry beast by someone? Or was this by choice?

Suddenly the bed dips and a bright eyed little girl looks at me. Ella wears her hair in a messy bun that someone must've put up last night. She wears a pink onesie and honestly looks adorable. "Where is my mommy?" Ella asked with curious eyes.

The pain from yesterday resurfaces. I do everything to keep myself together for Ella's sake. I need to contact Leva today, Ella can't go on wondering where her mother is forever.

"She went away from a little bit." I lied with a soft smile.

Ella smiles at me and begins jumping on the bed. The blankets stir and Jay wakes up with an adorable look on his face. Did I just say adorable?

"Good morning." Jay said to Ella and I.

"Uh, morning." I confusingly said. Why on earth is the jäckaśs being nice?

"How'd you sleep?" Jay asked.

"Stop, please stop. Why aren't you being a dïck?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

Jay rolls his eyes then glares at me. "I'm trying to be nice, maybe if you weren't such a bïtch it wouldn't be so hard."

I gasp at him and narrow my eyes at his glaring ones. "You're always a jerk and now you flip? I'm obviously going to think something is up."

Jay huffs in annoyance. "Look, I'm trying okay? Cooperate."

I never will forgive him, nor love him. I do have to tolerate him though. "Fine."

I am at the kitchen table eating my apple and getting lost in my I am brought back to reality by Jay's panicked tone.

"Emma!" Jay exclaimed.

I look up from the bed I was lying in at him in confusion. "What?"

"Ella and your mother is gone. Your mother left a note." Jay said bitterly as he passed me a crumpled note. I look at Jay in confusion. "Ella was put down for her nap a few minuets ago!

Jay ignores me and hands me the note. I snatch the note from his hand and began to read it.

'Emma, Maddison, whoever you are. Once upon a time you were my daughter, someone I was proud of. Someone who would make her father proud. Now, you stand beside the killer of your father, the person who took him away from us. I don't think saying I am disappointed can express my feelings towards you. In fact, I think I might hate you, hate who you've become. You were once a strong leader and now look at you, your doing exactly what you said you wouldn't. I know I told you that having a mate is a good thing but even you know that Jay isn't good. Anyways, I am sure you have noticed that Ella is missing, I have her with me. I won't give her back to you unless you come back to me and lead your pack, yes, your pack. The pack you betrayed. If you want the girl than you will meet me at the old location tomorrow night at Midnight, if not I will kill the girl and all your pack members, including Rowan. Don't test me child for I taught you your wicked ways. Remember, midnight and come alone. From, your mother.'

///

So, Alana actually doesn't die:) she leaves Ella, Emma and Jay to go look for her mate Bryce.

Rewritten: 12/20/16

Thank you, please vote and comment