•C h a p t e r S i x•

*NOT EDITED

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT CHALLENGERS!

"I won't freeze you out, like I have
been. I won't freeze you, I'm gonna let you in." -Marina Kaye

///

                  "My mate is alpha Jay Pierce."

Silence; complete silence. All the excitement from my cousins face vanishes instantly and is replaced with coldness and hurt. Her eyes are narrowed at me and her breathing is heavy and sharp. I can tell she's doing her best to keep her wolf at bay but failing miserably as I see her eyes begin to change into a bright golden.

Before her wolf is unleashed, I stop her. "Beta Ash, keep your wolf at bay." I command in my alpha tone.

Instantly Alana is relaxed and calmed down. She sends me a quick, thankful smile but instantly returns to her angry look, her eyes dark with rage.

"You're mated with the monster that killed your father?" Alana snarls. Her face is scowling and I can feel the anger radiate off her. I can't help but feel bad for her. She lost her uncle and she was very close to him.

"Yeah." I whisper with my head bowed. Sadness consumes me as I remember some memories with my father.

***

"Madcat!" My father shouts in excitement as my seven year old form runs into his open arms.

"Daddy!" I squeal as he lifts me into his arms and spins me around.

"I've missed you!" My father chuckles while squeezing the life out of me.

"Me too daddy!" I say as he sets me on my feet. I stare up at my fathers tall frame. His grayish blue eyes pierce into mine and are filled with so much adoration.

"That's good sweetheart! I'm sorry daddy goes away a lot, but I truly love you." My dad says with a small smile.

I giggle and hug his waist before looking up at him through my eyelashes. "Love you too daddy!"

***

I can hear a deep sigh come from Alana before arms are wrapped around me. I welcome the warmth she brings and hug her back.

"It'll be okay Maddi, you'll be okay." Alana whispers softly into my ear before breaking apart our hug.

I wish with all my heart that I could believe what she said. I can't, I never will be okay. Not only did I find the one person I was dreading to find, I find out he's my fathers murderer.

I stare into Alana's eyes with no emotion on my face. I'm sure I look completely ruined and broken to her. The sad thing is I am how I look. Broken.

"Maddi don't push your emotions away." Alana says sternly. Her eyes are sharp and narrowed at me. She knows what happens when they are turned off; it's as if my emotions are a light switch, I have trained myself to turn them off and on. I've done it a few times before. The first time was when my father died and the second was when my mother lost herself and the third was when my first pack member died as me being alpha.