Chapter 1: Sudden Sparks

A Nerd Romance

Chapter 1: Sudden Sparks

*Vanessa Wise's POV*

I didn't want to move, but I knew it was for the best. As I walked down the brand new surroundings of Tale Hills High School, I got dirty looks from everyone. I knew it wasn't my clothes because my mom and I spent three hours buying clothes for this school year. I was the new girl and I wanted this to be a fresh start for me. All last year at my old school I was considered the smart one, the nerd, the geek. But I wanted this to be different. I wanted to make more friends. I wanted to be popular, not the one that got bullied.

"HEY!! WATCH OUT, NERD!", someone shouted at me, before I was shoved against the lockers.

Everyone is the hall started laughing and instantly I knew this wasn't going to be a fresh, new, happy start for me. I knew I was always going to be considered the nerd, the geek, no matter where I go. I'm always going to stand out in the crowd, and not in a good way.

I felt like dropping to the ground, crawling in a ball, and crying. I never did anything wrong to anyone, EVER! So every night I would lie in bed and wonder what I did to deserver this! I hated my life. And it seems like every year it seems to get worse and worse.

"Hey! Are you ok?", some male voice said to me.

I fixed my clothes and looked up, squinting my eyes, so I could see the best I could through my tears.

"Are you ok?", he asked again.

I wiped my tears and continued to walk away. It was probably someone trying to make my humiliation even worse.

"I'm just trying to help you."

"I don't need your help. I've been pushed against the lockers before!", I hissed, walking faster.

"Well, that's not something to brag about. I'm Chris. Are you sure you're ok?"

"I SAID I WAS FINE ALREADY!!! IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO POINT OUT TO MAKE MY DAY EVEN WORSE??!!!", I yelled in the guys face.

I've never raised my voice but this guy looked like a bad boy. The type of guy that bullies everyone; the type of boy that thinks he runs everything and everyone.

He stopped following me and I sighed and walked off to my next class. Honestly, I felt bad because maybe he was just trying to help, but I don't need help. I've been bullied my whole life. I don't know how to say sorry or thank you. I don't know how to show love or affection. I'm not that type of girl. I don't need some boy screwing my life up just so he can get his share bulling the new nerd.

I got to my class on time and I was settled in my seat in the back when that boy from the hallway walked in. Immediately his eyes landed on me and a small smile spread across his face. He made his way to the back of the classroom and sat next to me. He didn't say a word or even look at me. My eyes, I bet, were probably huge and I was stiff.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach, my hands got sweaty. I could smell his cologne. I didn't know what it was but I suddenly felt strangely attracted to him. During the whole class period I was sneaking peeks at him. I never realized how handsome he was until now. I didn't know what it was that made him so sexy because usually I don't care about guys but today I felt sparks between us. Whenever he would look at me, I would pretend like I wasn't drooling over him and look at the front of the class. He would just smile and flip his hair. By the end of the class period, my panties were soaked. I ran out of the classroom and straight towards the bathroom. Damn that boy put some spell on me. I couldn't seem to get him out of my head. Until lunch time came around and all I was thinking of was food.