Part 20

Author Note: Just to clarify, in case you didn't see the changes I made to the last chapter... it is seventeen months later, making Emily more than a year old. I changed the timeline before I posted and forgot to make the other necessary changes as well, so I apologize for the confusion.

Now, for the chapter you've been waiting for... hope you enjoy. There will be an epilogue to follow. Thank you all for reading and reviewing and voting!

Emma drove through the rain in the dark. It was pouring heavily, her windshield wipers frantically working to clear the downpour on the windows just enough for her to see the road in front of her. She had dropped Henry and Liam off at David and Mary Margaret's house because she was worried about Killian. He hadn't come home from work yet and wasn't answering his phone. She had a bad feeling in her gut and needed to act upon her instincts.

When she pulled up in front of his office, she got of her car, running to the door as the raindrops pelted down. She walked inside and one of her worst fears was realized. Before her was a sight she never thought she would have to experience but there it was. Killian was on the desk... with Milah. She was on top of him, kissing him, her legs straddling him.

Emma's mouth fell open, her throat dry as Milah looked up at her with a devilish smile.

"What, did you actually think he was yours? He loves me and always will."

Emma's eyes were full of tears as she turned to Killian who was holding a dark smile.

"Killian?"

"Sorry, love. It's true. I've never stopped loving her. You were just a pretty distraction. My heart has always belonged to Milah."

Milah laughed as he grabbed and kissed her and it was sound that would haunt her forever. She turned and ran out back into the rain, getting into her car, tears spilling down her face as she took off in a mad rush.

She was sobbing uncontrollably as she sped down the road. Her mind was racing frantically as she went around a sharp curve. The image of him with her ran through her mind. How could this happen to her again? How could Killian do this to her? As the rain continued to pour, she no longer see the road in front of her. Then, without any warning, a bright light shone in front of her, completely blocking any vision she had and the loud sound of a semi horn blared and the screeching of tires and broken glass filled her ears before everything went black.

Emma eyes flew open and she was out of breath as though she had the life sucked out of her. Sweat was pouring down her face as she tried to catch her breath. Relief swept over her as she realized what she had experienced was only a terrifying nightmare. Feeling utterly nauseous at the same time, she quickly got out of bed and sprinted to the bathroom, flicking on the light. She approached the toilet and knelt down in front of it, her hands gripping the rim as she vomited into it.

Killian was having trouble sleeping as he laid awake in bed. He wasn't used to being without Emma and on top of that, he was feeling anxious because they were to be married by the end of the day and it couldn't come soon enough. He looked at his alarm clock that read 4:30 and let out a heavy sigh. He grabbed the pillow she always slept on and held it tight, taking in her scent as he turned over on his side. He closed his eyes, attempting to fall asleep, but as soon as he did, he heard the bedroom door open. Thinking it might be Henry asking for his mother like he had earlier when Killian put him to bed, he called out in a raspy voice.