Part 15

Killian was at his desk at work, going through an endless amount of receipts. The sales had topped out that day. He had never sold so many boats in one day, although he was bringing in more money so he couldn't really complain. And now it was nearing the end of the workday and he couldn't wait to get home to Emma and the boys.

His mind drifted to the ring that he locked away in his desk drawer in his office. It was the only place where she would never accidentally stumble upon it. The last thing he wanted to do was to scare her away for moving too fast. He knew it was too soon but he also knew what he wanted. He would wait as long as it took until he knew that she was ready.

Once he was finished for the day, he stood up to leave when the door opened. "Sorry, but I'm closed for the day-" his words fell in mid-air when the man stepped through with a cane. Killian's jaw clenched, his hands balling into fists.

"Hello, dearie. You have time for one more customer, don't you?" Gold shut the door behind him and continued to Killian's desk. Who did this guy think he was, having the nerve to come into his office after what he did? The painful memories of a particular night vividly came back to him. Milah in the bed (the bed that they shared as husband and wife) with this man who was standing before him.

"I already sold you a boat and besides, I'm done for the day," Killian snapped in a harsh tone, in no mood for Gold or his antics.

"Well, it's your lucky day then because, you see I'm trading up... much like your wife did."

Killian almost snapped as he approached Gold in one stride with a seething, threatening stare. "No, Gold, it's your lucky day because I don't fight invalids."

"Now, is that any way to treat a customer? I came to buy a bigger yacht. Milah and I are planning a trip."

Killian did his best to simmer the anger inside of him. If anything, maybe Gold would take Milah far, far away and he would never have to see either of them ever again. He thought about Emma and Henry and Liam and the future they could have together that didn't involve having to share his son with Milah and the man he detested.

A taunting smile spread across Killian's lips as he opened the door for Gold to let him through. "I have just the boat for you, then. This one's an absolute beaut," he assured Gold as he followed behind him and locked his office. Then, he escorted Gold to the pier to show him the most expensive and largest yatch he had available.

Emma fed Henry and Liam and laid them down for their naps. They were tuckered out from going to the park and the grocery store. Emma had picked up a few things for dinner for the week and was definitely not minding how the four of them were already like a family.

She planted a kiss on the boys' foreheads before she left their room as her phone started ringing. She saw that it was Belle as she answered it.

"Hey, Belle. How are you?"

"I'm fine. How was your trip to New York?"

Emma smiled as she replied. "It was really fun." She told Belle all of the places they visited and the things they did as she planted herself in the couch.

"Well, I'm glad you had a good time." Belle paused for a brief second before she spoke again. "Listen, there was something I wanted to ask you."

"What is it?" Emma asked curiously. She didn't think anything was wrong, in fact she knew by the sound of her friend's voice that she was smiling on the other end.

"Okay, on the last day of school, Will asked for my number and called me the other day to ask me out."

"Oh. What did you say? Please tell me you said yes," Emma said hopefully.