Part 12

It was completely dark and there was a bit of a chill in the air when they walked outside from the restaurant. Killian took off his jacket, offering it to her rather than having her search for her own in her suitcase. She thanked him as he kissed her cheek and opened the car door for her. When they were on the road again, Emma enjoyed her ice cream and coffee dessert in a to-go cup, sharing it with Killian as he drove. The sugar and caffeine would definitely give them the energy they needed for the night's activities. Not that they needed the boost. The chance to finally be physically intimate with him was all of the inspiration she needed.

They engaged in light conversation, trying to simmer their desire for the rest of the drive. Truthfully, it was just nice to be with him without all of the chaos of their normal, everyday routines. And the idea that they had the weekend to do so was something she never thought she would have with him.

When they arrived at the hotel, Killian opened the door for her and retrieved their bags from the trunk. They each had a small suitcase with their clothes and essentials. Emma had offered to carry hers but he declined. She would never get over how much of a gentleman he was.

They walked into the hotel and when they reached the front desk, Killian set the bags down as they waited for one of the staff. It was eleven o'clock and eerily quiet and they figured no one had noticed they were there yet, so he pressed his hand to ding the bell on the counter. He moved his hand to her back, both of them barely holding it together. The anticipation was too great. Emma leaned into his side, lifting her lips to brush against his. He cupped her jaw with his other hand, pulling her closer until he was kissing her. He tasted her tongue, getting caught up in their embrace until they heard an obvious clearing of a throat.

They broke apart and at that point, they were both too high with desire to be embaressed.

The woman behind the counter gave them a knowing smile as she approached her computer. "Sorry about the wait. Are you just checking in for the night?"

"No, I've already paid for a room for the weekend. The name's Killian Jones."

She nodded and looked up his information. "Okay, you are on the tenth floor." She went to retrieve their key cards and handed them over, explaining the amenities and their surroundings, which Killian already knew about when he had carefully hand-picked this hotel. It was on the ocean and featured a view of the New York harbor and Stautue of Liberty. The hotel was also surrounded by various shops and restaurants and was a four-minute walk from the Ferry and a five-minute walk from the subway station with access to the rest of the city. The view was important since Killian had a feeling they would be spending a lot of time in the room, but the other stuff was important too. He wanted Emma to be able to have a memorable experience during this trip because who knew when they would be able to do this again.

"Check out time is noon on Monday. I hope you enjoy your stay," the receptionist said with a warm smile.

Emma and Killian grabbed their bags and headed for the elevator. They waited anxiously until the doors opened and they stepped out. Killian's stomach became a ball of neves as they found their hotel room. He put the key card in the slot and opened the door, Emma following behind him.

When Killian switched on the lights, Emma looked around the room in awe. They stepped onto the plush carpet of the rather large room. There was a white leather sofa and chair and flat-screen television along with a breakfast table seated near the large sliding doors that led to a balcony. There was also a full kitchen and bar adjacent to the bedroom.

"Wow, you really went all out," Emma breathed as they made their way to the bedroom.

"Well, I figured we would make the most of our time here."