once

Once her sister walked out of the house Jilly felt a large pain in her chest. She felt as though everything they did and had been through was now all crumbling apart. Her heart raced the whole time as she watched her sister walk out of the house.

Thoughts of Azrael Lumin and his cold dead eyes came back into her mind, and she wanted to scream. In that moment she wished she had never met Azrael. She wished she never laid eyes on him and she never let him do the things that he did to her.

She continued to think about him, and all the bad things that he had done and was doing to her and her family. What would happen when Justin found out that they killed Azrael? What would he do to them? She didn't care about what other people thought, but she cared about what would happen to her Aunts, to her sister and to herself.

The pain in her chest became a pain in her stomach and not just a guilty feeling. But a physical pain. Like someone was punching her from the inside and she clutched it in pain, whispering her sister's name in agony.

Sophia was running to where Justin was staying. She was trying to figure out exactly what she was meant to say to him, but she couldn't find anything that would explain it to him properly without him thinking that she was absolutely crazy.

She knew she needed to tell him. And it wasn't just about doing the right thing, it was because she couldn't lie to Justin. Not with the way he made her feel, or the way she looked at him. She couldn't lie to him she just didn't know how.

So she let her thoughts race, and her hands became sweaty when she saw him walking on the sidewalk toward the house he was staying in town. He had his hands in the pocket of his black jeans, his long strides made her run faster and when she was just close enough she said breathless to him,

"It was Azrael's ring." He turned around at the sound of her voice and called over his shoulder,

"Oh really." He continued to walk and she jogged to catch up to him.

"I know you knew that but I had to tell you." She rolled her eyes to his sarcasm and jogged closer to him since he wouldn't stop to talk to her.

"You know I was serious when I told you to get a lawyer." He rolled his eyes at her. He felt she had been lying. He didn't know what to make of the Azrael Lumin situation, was she a killer? Was she just as bad as him?

But what he did know was that just like she couldn't lie to him, he couldn't stop hearing those lies. He didn't care if nothing she ever said was true. He didn't care if she was a killer, and that was the scariest thing for him because he wasn't supposed to. He wasn't supposed to feel these things for this one woman.

"I don't want a lawyer." She grabbed his arm making him stop and he sighed. He looked at her, and she stared back getting lost in those deep brown eyes. They stood outside of his hotel room just looking at each other, she didn't know what he would do, or what he was going to say. He didn't know if what he wanted to do, or what in fact he was about to do was what he should be doing.

"Okay fine." He opened the gate to the place where he was staying and she tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her ear and stepped up the steps to the small house. He opened the door gesturing for her to enter behind him.

"Sorry about the mess, I wasn't expecting company." He put the key in his pocket and tried to clean up some of the clutter off of the bed. She picked a photo from the bed and examined it with a sinking feeling in her heart. It was one of Azrael Lumin's victim a victim that could have very well been her sister if they didn't defend themselves that night.

"You don't need to look at that." He said and grabbed the photo from her hands, and then collected the others that were on the bed. When he did, she saw her letter that was right underneath and pick that up as well.