Chapter 32

Carter started crying at 2 in the morning. He used to sleep all through the night, well at least I think. Lauren always got Carter. She ways said that since he kept me up for nine months, he can keep her up for eighteen years. Those eighteen years were cut short though.

I found it easier that I moved Carter's bed in here with me. I don't feel so alone, and on nights I'm missing Lauren he sleeps in the bed with me. "Camila? Are you okay?" Ally was up with Luke. They both looked at me and engulfed me on a hug. I didn't realize I was crying.
"I swear he must know what day it is. I just can't believe we have to do this so soon. They said she had a chance!" I punched the wall. "Why is god so cruel?" Ally gave me a hug.
"Luke is taking Carter, so you and I can talk." I nodded as Luke grabbed baby Luke, as Luke calls my child.
Ally and I sat of my bed for hours talking about what happened.

Flashback

Everything was going well. Lauren seemed to be getting better. My wound has healed up quite nicely, and Carter still has both of his parents. Then tragedy struck.

Lauren and I were talking about how she can't wait to leave this place when her breathing started slowing down. Her heart beat got slower and slower til it just stopped. The doctors were able to revive her, but she was now on life support.

The doctors told us that we had three weeks. If Lauren showed signs of improvement, then they would continue the life support until not needed. If she did not improve in this time, we would have to pull the plug.

Present
"Those three weeks went by fast." Ally nodded her head in agreement. Today was the last day. Today was the day we pulled the plug. Lauren did not improve, and well she just wasn't fighting anymore.

It was know eight in the morning and we were all getting dressed in our formal funeral clothes. We thought it only be appropriate. Carter was a handful today. He kept throwing tantrums and wouldn't leave my side for nothing. I think he knew what was going to happen.

The usual hope that we had walking  through the doors of the hospital, was no where to be found. The bickering between everyone was nonexistent. It seemed as like the flashlight that used to shine so bright in us had lost a battery. That battery was Lauren.

Lauren's room was on the third floor room 209. The last time I was up here I wished th- my thoughts were suddenly cut off by my favorite raspy voice yelling. "Where the hell is Camz?" I saw nurses and doctors running into see what just happened, and I wasn't far behind them.

Lauren was sitting straight up in bed, yelling at the doctors about the damn wires. He unplugged them as I held my breath. "Camz open your eyes... What is going on? Why are you crying?" I ran up to her and gave her the biggest kiss ever, but after I pulled away I slapped her.
"If you ever pull shit like that again, I will kill you myself. " She laughed and hugged me still confused with what was going on.