/22\

You woke with a start, feeling an odd urge to eat a Glamburger. You shook the feeling aside and observed your surroundings, a wave of nostalgia washing over you. You were in Sans and Papyrus' house, by there was something about it that you couldn't quite place.

"HUMAN!" a high-pitched squeak rang across the terrain and the front door burst open, shattering into multiple pieces. You winced, wondering just how hyper Papyrus was.

You realized with sinking dread that you had arrived in a different timeline.

And this wasn't Papyrus.

A small skeleton leaped from the ground with surprising force and pinned you to the ground. "I GOT ONE!" he yelled in triumph, his blue irises turning into yellow stars. A taller skeleton with a hoodie lumbered inside the house, frankly not giving a care about anything in life.

"That's nice," he nodded in your direction and then flung himself onto the couch and began to sleep.

"PAPYRUS!" Sans yelled, shaking from rage. "YOU CAN'T SLEEP WITH A HUMAN IN THE HOUSE!"

You plucked the hyper version of Sans from the ground, smirking as he struggled against your strength. "No fair..." he whined and sagged his shoulders in defeat.

Papyrus cocked one eye open. "Haven't you forgotten your secret power?" he asked, flashing you a knowing smirk. Sans' irises turned once more into stars and he produced a single chocolate bar from his back pocket.

"You wouldn't dare," you gasped in mock horror.

Sans nodded eagerly and shoved the entire bar into his mouth - wrapper included - and began to vibrate intensely. He shook with a rapid force and flung himself from your hands and began to climb the wall. Sans leapt down from the ceiling and ran across the room, leaving scorch marks on the carpet.

"What did you do!" you flashed Papyrus a dirty look who remained motionless on the couch. He couldn't conceal the growing smirk across his face.

You were suddenly lifted from the ground at two hundred miles an hour and watched helplessly as your surroundings flew by you. You eventually landed in Waterfall next to a house that took the shape of a giant lizard head. Sans knocked eagerly on the door and bounced on his feet. "Alphys is going to be so proud of me!" he squeaked. The sugar rush had faded much to your relief.

The door slowly freaked open and a short lizard lumbered outside. "Sans - this is not the time for a taco lesson. A monster has been spotted in the Ruins - " Her eyes flickered down to you, a sneer on her face. She bent down and lifted you with surprising strength and threw you across the air.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW!" she roared and produced a glowing blue spear from her back. You held your arms in front of your face to shield her impending attack. Sans placed himself between you and Alphys.

"I won't let you hurt [Y/N]!" he squeaked, a newfound determination in his voice.

Curiosity bubbled inside you at how he knew your name.

"It's okay," you rubbed Sans' head lightly and looked at Alphys. "What do you mean a monster in the Ruins?"

Alphys closed her eyes. "There are many native monsters to each terrain in the Underground. However, Undyne's cameras spotted a monster - " She was cut off as Sans whispered into your ear.

"Undyne is her girlfriend," he giggled with child-like innocence. Alphys' eyes flashed angrily but she did not deny it.

"A monster fell down from the surface," she concluded. "And there are rumors that they are killing others. It's genocide."

The mention of genocide made your skin crawl.

Sans buried his face into his light blue handkerchief, his eyesockets dark. "I won't let them hurt you," he squeaked and grabbed your hand, leading you to the entrance of Waterfall. "Stay here," he ordered, his voice grave. You nodded, unsure of what he was about to do.

A few minutes passed and Sans finally returned, a slight twitch to his right eye. He passed by you without a word and you followed him back to Snowdin, wondering what he had done to cause such a mood.

"We're home!" Sans squeaked, his eyesockets lighting up. You noticed that there was something forced about his smile. He grabbed your hand and led you upstairs.

You didn't realize what Sans was doing until he tied you down.

"What are you doing - " you spat as he stuffed a cloth into your mouth.

"The monster will kill you," he chuckled, rocking back and forth on the wooden floor, his eyes turning into crimson stars. "And that's why I'm going to kill them before they get to you first and..." He pulled out a dusty knife from his back pocket. "I'm going to kill every other monster that stands between you and me," he flashed you a sadistic grin and stuffed it back into his pocket.

"You want to know if I still remember you?" he asked after a long silence. You gave him a slight nod, pity for him welling in your chest. Sans said nothing and closed the door.

And then you were alone.

You took advantage of this and began to dig your fingernails into the rope, smirking as some began to fray and eventually snapped. You threw the rope onto the ground and thrust the door open. A pile of dust sat on the green couch from where Papyrus had been sleeping. Bile rose in your mouth and you continued onwards.

You couldn't tell the snow and dust apart.

Every resident of Snowdin town had been slaughtered. Sans sat in the midst, bringing his knees up to his chest and letting out a sadistic laugh. His head whipped in your direction, a snarl escaping his throat. "I told you to stay inside," he laughed to himself and lumbered towards you.

Horror ran through you and you slammed the door to the house, wincing as Sans began to dig the tip of his knife into the wood. "Knock knock," he sung.

"Who's there?" another gruff voice answered. You froze and looked through the window, realizing with horror that another Sans was standing next to him. You identified him as the one that Chara had possessed.

The door exploded and sent you slamming into a wall. You wiped a trail of blood from your mouth and scooted into a corner. The small Sans from this universe had placed himself in front of you, hissing at your attacker. With a single blow, a long gash ran from his blue handkerchief to the bottom of his torso. "I-I'm s-sorry [Y/N]," he murmured and withered into ash.

"HOW COULD YOU!" you spat and lunged at Chara. She dodged your attack with ease and placed a foot on your chest.

"Whenever you think that you are safe, I will tear it from you," Chara taunted and waved her hand, allowing a single button to appear in front of you. "There is only one option here - and that is to conduct a final reset."

You gave her a certain hand gesture and then slammed a clenched fist onto the button.

There is a war coming, one that will alter the fate of the very multiverse, Geno's warning echoed in your mind.

"Endgame," you whispered and slipped into darkness.

_______________

I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit rushed.

I just uh...

Have this idea...

For a chapter...

:3