Chapter 5

So guys 5th chapter and I must say this book will be kinda short. Shout out to izzy478 for helping me with this chapter! She has given me some ideas so anything in this chapter will continue for the rest of the book.

-----------------------------/

Chapter 5

In the bathroom, out of sight...

Dan's POV

Sunday was finally here and Phil was due to come over any moment now. I scrambled and rushed to clean up my room and I just threw stuff behind furniture, it's a really bad habit I picked up. I made sure to wear a shirt that didn't lift up on me when I reached up to get things from shelves. Once I was happy with my room I walked downstairs to wait for Phil.

I just stepped foot onto the ground at the bottom of the stairs when there was a knock on the door. I rushed towards it and yelled "I got it!", I pulled the door open towards me and awkwardly stood there was Phil. His face lit up as soon as he saw me, "Hey Dan" was all he had said before I pushed him inside.

"So what are we doing today?" he asked and I sheepishly smiled, "you know that game that you told me about when I went to your house?" I asked and he nodded, clearly remembering all that had happened. "Well, I thought we could play that. Just wait here, though. I have to find some pens and paper", Phil nodded and placed himself on a bar stool. I walked upstairs and hoped that Dad wasn't in the office.

---time skip---

A while later I came back down from the office; thank god my dad wasn't in there. I walked back towards where I had left Phil and saw him talking to my Mum. When she saw me, all talking ceased and she left saying something quietly to Phil. "Phil? I've got the paper" I said, he turned around to face me and his face was contorted with confusion, understanding and lost hope.

"Phil... what's wrong?" I asked concerned Mum had said something she shouldn't have. Phil just sat there staring into space for a few moments before answering "huh? Sorry, nothing's wrong. Let's play!" he said and his words hitched a little. What is he hiding from me? We went into my room and started playing the game. I picked up a piece of paper and looked at it; the name was Phil.

I started laughing so hard and Phil looked worried, "what's so funny?" he asked and I just showed him the piece of paper and he looked guilty. My laughing died down and I answered "I would have to kill Phil" I tried to keep a straight face but failed as I burst into laughter a second time, holding my stomach because it hurt so bad.

I looked at Phil, who was off in thought again; that's it I have to ask him what's on his mind. "Phil? Phil!" I yelled and he jumped, looking at me. "Sorry" was all he said "Phil what's wrong? You have been dozing in and out all day" he looked down to his legs which was crossed then looked back up at me, his eyes starting to go red with tears. "Your Mum told me... why did you do it?". Well fuck.

Flashback (few mintues ago)

Phil's POV

Dan had left to get paper and pens for our game; I was left feeling quite awkward just sitting on a bar stool. Dan's Mum walked into the kitchen not long after Dan left. She turned to me "Phil right?" she asked and I nodded, "I hope Dan didn't make you worry too much for those four days" she said sadly. I was confused, "a bit," she looked down to the floor. "I wonder what made him do it," she said. Now I was confused "what?" I asked she looked back up at me. "You must not remember. Dan tried to kill himself, Phil. I'm sorry".