Chapter 3 ...

I woke up slumped against my wall. I stood up and went to my closet. I pulled out a pair of yoga pants and a purple shirt with silver writing littered all over it. I threw my hair up in a pony tail and walked out of the room. I slid down the banister, something I hadn't some in years, and landed perfectly. But I grimaced at the memory of my father screaming at me the last time I did it.

The house was surprisingly quiet, and it made me nervous. Quiet was something I learned to fear. Any time it was quiet, it meant that my dad and Drew where thinking. And it usually meant three times more harsh a punishment that day, resulting in a night of torment. Thus leading to the fear of silence. I wonder if it's an actual phobia? I could google it later.

But I checked the time on a clock hanging near the kitchen. It was nearly noon. So where was everyone? Suddenly I felt eyes on me and my back stiffened. I turned my back and nothing was there. I breathed a sigh of relief. I turned back and there in front of me was a girl, with curly blonde hair, and streaks of brown. She squinted her blue eyes for a second but then smiled.

"Your Andrea! The girl who got initiated last night!" She says.

"Yeah, that's me. Who are you?" I ask quizzically.

"Oh hey, I'm Jessie, but everyone calls me Jex," she shrugs.

"Nice nickname," I comment.

She grins. "I know right!" She says laughing.

"Hey you have a phone?" She askes.

"Yeah, but I thought pack members mind linked." I say and pull it out.

She looks at me. "Do you really want all the immature boys of the pack knowing what we talk about?" She askes raising an eyebrow.

"Uhm, no thanks," I answer.

"Yeah, figured so." She said and put her number in my phone, and then she texted herself.

"M'kay, now we can just text and call each other. Hey, I have to go. I'm meeting some friends at a restaurant in town, wanna join?" She offers.

"I don't know... I kinda wanted to," I stop when I hear, and smell Alex nearby.

"Uhm, actually yeah. I'd love to go." I say.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

-play 'Counting Stars' by one republic in the background-

We pull up at a small diner, and I see two other people standing outside waiting. Jex gets out and walks over to them with me in tow.

"Guys! This is Andrea." She says gesturing to me.

"Hey." I smile

"I'm Finn." A guy with mocca colored hair and blue eyes says.

"And I'm Oliver." A girl with red hair and green eyes smiles.

We head inside and pick a booth. Within fifteen minutes we are laughing and talking like old friends. For the first time in years I was surrounded by friends. I stayed at the diner with them for a few hours. Then I decided to head back to the pack house. I looked at the sky and found the sun setting. Lots of the younger pack members where out. When I reached the house, lights where strung up, music was blasting, people where dancing and eating food. The others came and when they got out of Jex's car they smiled.

Lights turned people multiple colors. Someone brought alcohol and it was evident as the air became filled with its smell. I looked around for the adults but they where all absent. It was strange but I didn't worry about it. Somewhere in the mess of music and lights and people I got handed a drink. I of course tried a sip which turned into three cups. I started dancing like a pro, and guys where whistling and girls where cheering me on. A couple of people joined in and by the end of the song we where laughing and leaning on each other for support.

I saw my dad's face and my brother's in the crowd and became worried. But I didn't dwell on it long because Jex came up to me and yelled over the music, "Alex is here! I suggest hiding because he is pissed!" And then she ran to the house. I tried to run but failed miserably. So I pushed my way to the house. I got to my door and was just pushing it open when I heard a low growl. I giggled.

"What about this is funny Andrea?" I hear Alex ask.

Being drunk I had absolutely zero control. I pushed open my door.

"Oh, Alex. Everything is funny about this, you know? Because one minute, I'm dying in my own room wallowing in low self esteem. Now I'm here," I pause" I've got a so-called-mate, a new friend and apparently according to this one guy, I'm an angel who could pull off any look."

Of course it's partially slurred and I'm half falling into my room at this point. Alex growls at the last part but I just push into my room and flop on the bed. I hear Alex leave and I pass out finally, at three a.m, sure that tomorrow will be absolute hell.