Different Me

Every time I look in the mirror I cringe. I look at my face and see a failure. My father says I'm a failure. My brother beats me for being 'a disgusting waste of space'. And I honestly believe it all.

I always wear jeans and long sleeve baggy shirts. It hides the bruises very effectively. The Alpha, who my dad is beta to, doesn't even know. To the pack, I'm just the poor Andrea. Girl who's mother killed herself. But I am much, much more. But why would they care? I hardly ever go out. I'm in the house all the time. I'm pale as paper, and somewhat weak from months of surviving on crackers and occasionally some meat or cheese.

For years I have been locked up like this. Never going out. Never seeing people. Always getting beaten for breathing. And you know what? I like it. Because pain is a whole lot easier to deal with than love, and happiness, and joy. But I do miss the time before my mother died. I had a few friends who's names and faces I couldn't place to save my life.

But my father is being transferred to a pack where the Beta was recently killed. And my brother is going with him. But he is leaving me behind. The Pack he is going to is all the way in Europe. He is leaving me with the pack, and I'm stuck in the pack house. In shove my belongings in a duffel bag. I sling it over my shoulder and wince as it hits a bruise.

My dad slaps me upside the head as I walk out the door. "Don't screw things up too bad!" He called out. "Oh we can count on her messing up the entire pack." Drew said behind me. I ignored them and merely walked to the pack house in silence.

I reached the doors of the main house, which was more like an apartment building with a giant kitchen, library, and living room. I was welcomed by a few old friends and they led me to my room. It had a large closet, and a bathroom.

Everyone left me to unpack, so I sat on my bed going through my stuff. I put all my clothes in the closet and then I put the duffel bag on a shelf and closed the closet door. I was tired of being in the room so I decided to look around. The last time I had been in the pack house was when I was 12, and there was a pack barbecue.

I remember running around with friends and causing a ruckus. A smile twitches on my lip as I remember. But it fades when I remember that when my dad showed up I was sent home. I shake off the memory and walk down a flight of stairs to the main floor. I see the kitchen, and to my right is a living room.

I glance around and the few people around me don't seem to notice me, which I don't mind. I walk outside and see a group of people at a picnic table talking excitedly. I overhear the words "Welcome" and "Party". I turn on my heel and walk away quickly. That party better not be for me. Then as I'm walking around the house I hear some girls talking. They mention that the Alpha's son is coming back to take his place so his younger brother won't have to.

I rack my brain trying to remember. The Alpha's sons...

All I remember is Gale, who was about 10 when I was 12. He was adorable and though he got annoying, I still treated him like the brother I never had. Because I never did. I head into the house when an older woman sees me and smiles. "Andrea!" She says happily. I smile weakly. "Hi?" I say unsure. She laughs and hugs me." It's been so long since we saw you! Your father said you where always unwell. We wanted to visit but your father insisted we leave you be. But here you are!" She sighs.

Suddenly it clicks. "Marie." I say. "Oh you do remember! Oh the boys will be so happy to see you. I'll go get Gale. Alex has been gone, but he is coming home tomorrow. Everyone is excited." She says. She hurry's up the stairs, shouts something in audible and then hurries back down.

"Gale is coming." She says as a tall teenage boys jumps the stairs. As he wipes his shirt off I look at him. He has black hair, that sweeps to the side. He looks about 6'1''. When he looks up I see his light blue eyes. I smile immediately remembering my old friend. We hug.

He looks me over. "You've grown." He says smiling. "Have you looked in a mirror lately yourself?" I ask. He grins. "Look who has a sense of humor now!" He teases. "Look who has brains enough to notice." I stick my tongue out. By now Marie has left us alone. In only a matter of minutes we are laughing and talking like we used to.

"I can't wait for Alex to get here tomorrow. It's been a long time." I say. Gale grows quiet. "He's changed. A lot more than I'd like to admit. He is way more protective, serious, and all he thinks about is the pack." He says.

"I guess some of it was bound to happen, I mean he is going to be Alpha. But maybe being home will give him a blast from the past. Make him remember he doesn't always need to be serious." I suggest.

He smiles. "You always did have a way of making things better." He said hugging my shoulders. 'I wish I could make myself better.' I say to myself. If I had been fully initiated, he could have heard that through the pack link. But since I was hidden away before full initiation at age 13 I'm not a full member.

Not until Alex gets here anyway.

*Hey guys! So, don't hate on this...I am still going to write on Saved By the Alpha. But I got an idea, and now BAM!!! So I will TRY to update each once a week. No promises though. I have essays and exams all month, sooooo yeah. Well thanks for reading ;)

Byeeeeeee <<<33333