Epilogue

Epilogue: "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first"

Andy's POV

It was an hour after midnight when I finally got home. Thank God, it was Sunday tomorrow or I'd fall asleep teaching my students for sure. Everyone was already fast asleep and the apartment was dark and quiet. Softly tip-toeing up the stairs, I stopped in front of our 4 year old son, Declan's bedroom and poked my head in. I smiled when I saw him sleeping soundly on his big bed, his tiny hands on the either side of his head. "Good night, son," I whispered.

Gingerly closing the door, I tip-toed towards my own bedroom and walked in, smiling when I saw my wife sleeping on her side of the bed. I took out my keys, wallet and phone and placed them on the dresser before stripping myself, leaving my boxers and t-shirt on. Carefully, I laid on the bed and nuzzled into Evelyn's golden hair, gingerly putting my arm on her waist. My hand went to cup her right breast. Being here is home.

"Darling, Andy? Is that you?" Evelyn murmured. "Why do I feel a hand squeezing my breast?"

I chuckled softly and planted a kiss on her shoulder. "That's just my hand, honey. Don't worry. I love them so much. I don't remember them being this big," I then watched as Evelyn turned around to face me, her hand went to my cheek and I snuggled into it, kissing the soft skin. "Hi,"

Evelyn smiled. "Hi, Andy. So, how was the bachelor party? Are there any strippers? You don't reek of alcohol that much, that's good news,"

"Surprisingly, no strippers," I chuckled and quickly added, "Not that I was hoping for any, though. But, Trent's fiancée had warned him to not bring any strippers or consume any excessive alcohol at the party. Or, he'd face her wrath or something,"

"That's good then," My wife chuckled, letting out a soft mewl when I accidentally squeezed her breast too hard. "Mm, Andy, stop that. I'm trying to sleep,"

I tried to ignore the twitching in my boxers hearing the sound of Evelyn's soft moans. God, I would never had enough of this sexy-as-hell woman. "Why are your breasts so sensitive these days? I don't remember them being this sensitive," I asked, suddenly feeling worried. "Evelyn?" I called when I saw the hesitance in her face, softly caressing the soft skin of her cheek. I watched as my wife pursed her lips, letting out a soft sigh.

"I don't know for sure because I haven't checked, but I think I'm having a baby, Andy," She told me and my eyes widened in shock before a silly grin stretched across my face, my hand went to the skin under her eye, my thumb stroking it gingerly.

"That's a wonderful news, honey... Now that you said it, I have a pretty positive feeling about this," I placed my hand on Evelyn's stomach and smiled softly to the thought of Evelyn carrying my child in her protruding stomach, but frowned when I realized Evelyn was more scared right now than excited. "Honey, hey... what's the matter?"

Sighing, Evelyn moistened her lips and looked into my eyes, pausing for a few seconds before whispering, "You know why," Pursing her lower lip, my wife snuggled up to me and buried her face in my chest, her hand fisting my shirt. "What if I lost the baby again? I don't think I can go through that any longer, Andy,"

"Oh, honey..." I hugged Evelyn closed to me and rubbed her back up and down and said, "You will not lose our baby, Evelyn. I have a really good feeling about this, you know? I don't really have anything to assure you that everything's going to be perfect, but I promise you one thing: I will be there with you in every step of your way. During your pregnancy and when the baby arrives," I sighed. "I love you, Evelyn. So much,"

Evelyn then sniffed, nuzzling her face in my chest and I let her cry for a few moments before finally, she pulled away from me and looked up into my eyes, smiling softly. "What would I do without you? You're so kind and sweet to me,"

Chuckling, I pulled the comforter up to cover our body and pulled her closer – if this was even possible – to me and murmured, "You're perfect," And kissed my wife everywhere on her face, just because I want to and I can. "So perfect,"

|THE END|

:
:
:

Author's Note:

Yes, Evelyn had a miscarriage before her pregnancy in this chapter.

Anyways, this is officially the end of this book! Thank you to those who have read (including future readers) and voted for It Begins! I really do appreciate every single votes and the kind words.

Information about the SEQUEL will be posted on the next chapter!

:

Thank you so much ❤️