Chapter Nine: Confrontation And New Beginnings

Author's Note:

This is for @PrimeGirl1915 for being incredibly sweet! Love you ♥

Nine: "Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos"

Andy's POV

KILLING THE ENGINE OF my vehicle, I quickly took the pink rose from the passenger's seat and got out of it, a smile on my face. I couldn't believe I lasted weeks without seeing Evelyn and didn't die. I really missed her. And surprisingly, the little man - Declan - too. This time, I would make things right. This time, I will not be selfish and I'll start thinking about Evelyn's feelings more. And this time, I'd make sure my feelings for Evelyn would reach her as genuinely as I could so she'd understand how much I love her.

Running my fingers through my unruly dark hair, I was about to head towards the café's front door when something caught my eyes. Instantly, a small smile crept across my face when I saw Evelyn sitting at the bench with Declan on her lap, but the smile soon disappeared when I noticed the man sitting with them.

Both curiosity and jealousy hit me. Who is he? And why was he sitting there and talking to my Evelyn? Quickly making my way towards the coconut tree a few steps away from them, I tried listening to the conversation, ignoring the fact that I might look like some kind of weirdo hiding behind a tree to other people watching.

"There's nothing to say anymore, Brian. You left and there's nothing you can do to make up all of those pain you caused to me,"

"Evelyn, I really am sorry," The prick sighed. "I have no other excuse than that, Evelyn. As much as I hate saying this, I have reasons why I did why I did. I loved you - I still do - and you know that!"

I could hear Evelyn's shaky breathing as we all waited for her respond. "That's a lie," She started. "You don't love me, Brian. Stop kidding yourself," Evelyn continued. "And what reason? That you weren't ready? That you were scared when you find out I was pregnant with your child?" An intense pause ensued. "I was scared, too, you know? I was far from ready. I had no one beside me and I was young. I have no parents, no other family members and your best possible excuse is that you weren't ready to have a child?"

"I'm so sorry... I... I don't know how to make it up to you..."

"Well I don't NEED you to make things up to me, Brian," Evelyn snapped and I smirked to myself, proud. You go, girl. "Declan and I are fine without you. Sure life's not grand or luxurious, but we are happy. Declan's better off without you, Brian. I'm better off without you," She then stood up. "You can shove your sweet narcissistic self and filthy riches up your as- ouch!"

That startled me and I saw how the prick grabbed Evelyn on the arm harshly, Declan let out cries of distress as the prick started treating her like a ragdoll, muttering profanities.

The next thing I knew I was already there and gave the prick a hard punch on the cheek he fell on the ground. I flashed him the deadliest glower I could muster and hid Evelyn behind me, towering over the prick.

"You," I began. "Asshole. I don't want to have to waste my energy by bashing your thick freaking skull and I'm sure you don't want that to happen either. Evelyn doesn't want you here so I suggest you to leave,"

"W-who the fuck -"

"You're hurting Evelyn and you're not doing that, not anymore, not ever. You're lucky a child, Evelyn's child is here, because I am this close in beating you to death. And I am not afraid too," I hissed. "Fucking. Leave,"

I watched as the prick flashed a glare at me before spinning around on his stupid Armani heels and left. Only when he was far enough from my fists he shouted, "You and that whore and the runt can go and fuck yourselves!!"