Chapter Six: The Kiss and The Hesitation

Author's Notes:
I would like to thank every single one of you that's voted and commented on this story. You guys really do made my day and you guys are amazing! I really appreciate it so thank you very much. Ok, now that that's said, please continue reading to the very end and don't forget to vote and comment - it'll make me write faster so that we can move on to the SEQUEL. I'm so excited!

Six: "Happiness is homemade"

Evelyn's POV

DAVID ARCHULETA'S CRUSH WAS playing softly in the background as I placed Andrew's order on the table and sat on the chair beside him (Seeing that this was the kind of table that faced the window). I flashed him a small smile and in return, he flashed me a cute dimpled one, taking his plate and coffee. Pushing a strand of hair to the back of my ear, I handed him a small spoon saying, "This is sweet of you but, you really don't have to, Andrew,"

Handsome as ever, Andrew ran his fingers through his hair – completely unaware of the sexiness of said innocent gesture – and said, "It's only fair, Evelyn. I give you flowers and you give me your time. No harm done," He grinned. "But seriously though, don't mention it. I like spending time with you,"

"I like spending time with you too," I blurted only to blushed fifty shades of red when Andrew smiled at me, his blue eyes twinkling in delight.

"Do you, now?" He said with a naughty, dimpled smile. "Well, lucky for you, I don't intend to stop doing this anytime soon," Andrew then leaned on his chair and took a sip of his coffee. "So, how's little man doing?"

"Little man?" Confused, I frowned, until it hit me. "Oh, Declan! He's doing fine. He's going to start attending nursery school when he turn 3 this July. I hope he'll fit in just fine,"

Andrew smiled. "That's great, isn't it? Oh, I'm sure he will just as any other kid will. Age of 3 is the best age to start his education, in my opinion. Don't worry, he'll do well,"

I smiled back. "Thanks, Andrew,"

"Andy,"

"Oh?" 

"Call me Andy," He chuckled, swallowing his cake. "Andrew's too mouthful. Plus, it's my late grandfather's name, so,"

I chuckled, pushing my hair to the back of my ear. "Andy,"

"Evelyn," 

"Yes?" Surprised, I looked at him with my eyebrows rose. I then watched as Andrew's eyes averted from mine down to my lips before his thumb went to them, wiping something off. I recoiled with a gasp, my cheeks burning and heart pounding against my chest.

Oblivious to my inward condition, Andrew gave me one of his lazy yet extremely sexy grin and shrugged, like he had just caught stealing a cookie. "There was cream on your lips,"

"O-oh," I hastily took the napkin under my plate and patted my burning lips with it, averting my eyes to the window to avoid Andrew's eyes. "Y-you could've just told me,"

He chuckled, deep and the rich and manly sound resonated in my ears. "Now, where's the fun in that? So, tell me about yourself Evelyn. I feel like I don't know anything about you besides the obvious,"

"Only if you promise to tell me about yourself in exchange," My hand then went to push my hair away from my face but Andrew's was faster as his hand gently tuck it to the back of my ear, his finger lingered there then slid slowly down to my jawline and neck. God, be still heart.

Again, oblivious to my inner turmoil, Andrew flashed me a dimpled grin. "I'll tell you even if you didn't make me promise anything, Evelyn,"

"U-um, well. You already know that I work here... and I have Declan," I began, scratching my cheek. "My surname is Foxwell and Rose is my middle name. It was taken after my late grandaunt's name. I was bred here, but my parents are both from Tennessee and I have no siblings, I'm the only child. They died when I was eighteen years old. I lived with my grandmamma then,"

Smiling softly as I recalled the memories of when Declan was born, I ran my finger on the rim of my cup. "I gave birth on Declan two years ago while I was working at a bookstore. I still remember the fright I gave to the owner of the bookstore as he fussed about, yelling 'push' and stuff,"

Andrew smiled warmly at me. "It must've been the happiest day of your life when Declan arrived,"

I nodded. "It is. Ever since my grandmamma's death, I was always alone. Declan's father left a few months after he found out of my pregnancy," I bit my lower lip as tears began to pool in my eyes as the painful memories sipped into my brain. I then felt Andrew took my hand and planting a soft kiss on the knuckles. 

"You don't have to continue, Evelyn. I'm sorry I ever asked,"

Smiling, I shook my head and let the warmth radiating from Andrew's hand sooth me. "No, it's not your fault, Andy. It feels nice to talk about myself sometimes. Anyway, it was a quiet afternoon and the minute I held baby Declan in my arms, I knew then I had found a purpose in life," I smiled, remembering the way my baby son gripped my thumb with his tiny hand, blinking up at me with huge and twinkling hazel eyes.

"I'm just happy that Declan's feature matches mine the most than his father," I then watched as Andrew smiled softly at me, his blue eyes filled with warmth that made my insides churned in a good way before leaning towards me, his thumb wiped off the rogue tear on my cheek. 

"You're a beautiful person, Evelyn and I'm sure Declan will grow up just like you," He told me. "Beautiful, strong and kind – all the good qualities,"

Andrew's smile then faltered as his palmed remain on my cheek, his other hand quickly went to my other cheek and cupped my face gently. His eyes wandered around my face before landing on my lips. "Beautiful,"

"A-Andy," I breathed. What felt like minutes, but it was only a few seconds passed as we continued staring into each other's eyes and finally, he spoke.

"Can I kiss you, Evelyn?" Even then, Andrew didn't wait for my answer as he pressed his lips onto mine and I quickly closed my eyes, the warmth and flowery feeling inside of my chest intensify. He then pulled away briefly, as if expecting me to slap him across his face, but when I didn't do anything, Andrew's mouth was on mine again. And this time, his lips moved, slowly massaging and leaving me extraordinarily breathless.

All of the sudden, as if a bucket filled with water was splashed onto my face, my eyes opened abruptly and I recoiled, pushing Andrew's hands away from my cheeks. A look of horror must've been all over my face as I watched Andrew's eyes widened, shaking his head and murmuring my name.

"Evelyn..."

"No," I whispered, standing up and retreating a step away from him. I averted my eyes away from his blue ones – filled with an emotion called hurt – and said, "I'm sorry but, you have to leave,"

"Evelyn, please," Andrew tried. "I'm sorry if I caught you off guard. But, I'm not sorry for the kiss," He then attempted to take my hand but I quickly hid them behind me. He then sighed. "I... I'm sorry, Evelyn," And then with that said, he took his things and headed out of the café.

Biting down my lower lip in frustration, I looked down at our unfinished cakes and coffee and heaved out a sigh. My fingers then went to my lips, remembering the way it felt to have Andrew's lips on mine. So strong, yet soft and filled with warmth. 

"Evelyn?" Mrs. Durant's voice halted my train of thoughts and I looked at her, my eyes began to water. The look on her face was filled with questions like 'What happened?' and 'Why did you push him away?'. But she didn't say anything and pull me towards the workers' lounge at the back to give me a hug.

"I'm not sure why you did what you did, Evelyn," She began, her voice gentle. "But I'm sure you have good enough reason, sweetie,"

Sniffling, I buried my face into her shoulder and nodded my head. "I do. Oh, Mrs. Durant, what have I done?" The hurt in his face would forever haunt my nights.

| END OF CHAPTER SIX |

:
:
:

Author's Note:

Do vote and comment what you think!