Evan wrapped both his arms around me anyway, squeezing me.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," he murmured.

"It's okay. I can't run forever," I said.

We pulled away and he cupped my face. He looked into my eyes. "I'll be here if you need me," he said softly, leaning in.

Asher's grip on my hand tightened painfully.

Just as Evan's lips were going to touch mine, Asher pulled me away.

The look on Evan's face was downright murderous.

"What the fuck is your problem?" he snapped.

"We're getting late so if you're done with your shit, let us go," Asher replied in a calm voice.

Evan lunged at him, but I got in between in time. This wasn't like him. Evan was the kind of person who would avoid a hand to hand fight at any cost. He preferred slaying with words.

I threw a glare at Asher, as I calmed Evan.

"Why are you even friends with him?" Evan asked.

Asher scoffed.

To stop this from going out of hand again, I stepped up and pecked him on the cheek.

"I'll be back," I said.

I could tell he hated the idea of me going with Asher, but he reluctantly let us go.

****

"Can't you be friendly with Evan? He is my boyfriend," I asked as he drove.

He muttered something under his breath which I couldn't hear.

"Why are you two at each other's throat all the time? I'm tired of it," I said.

This time he spoke aloud. "Well, other than the fact that he stole my girl I really don't like the guy," he said nonchalantly.

My head snapped to his, but he was staring straight ahead. He was acting as if he didn't just say something that was capable of rendering me speechless and then some.

When did he go from hating me to telling me he liked me I had no idea.

"You can't say that!" I said when I found me voice.

"What? That I don't like your boyfriend?" he said the word boyfriend with disgust.

"No. What you said before it," I said.

"That you're my girl?" he said, glancing at me for a moment before looking back at the road and I got a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Yes. You can't say that!" I said.

"Why not? It's true," he shrugged.

No, it isn't.

He sighed.

"Yes, it is. I like you, Anderson," he said with sincerity.

I think my heart stopped. I didn't realize how much I wanted to hear him say it until he said it.

"And I still regret that I didn't say it sooner," he added.

Okay, he was making me really uncomfortable right now. He was acting weird. Asher would never say anything even remotely close to that.

"Who are you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

He chuckled.

"Not the reaction I was expecting," he said.