The Prince's Prophecy

Start from the beginning

Still, he took a thumb under both eyes to wipe away the slowly falling tears. He murmured, "I don't understand."

Biting my lip, I whispered back, "Me neither."

I told myself I hated him, that he was a vampire and I could never feel anything for him. But I don't know who I was trying to convince. My entire being wanted him. Gently tucking my hair behind my ear, Micah sighed softly and shook his head.

He touched my cheek gingerly, "What am I going to do with you?"

His other hand snaked around my back and he held it there, making me ache with need. Jitters ran up my spine and I couldn't help but put one hand on his chest, to steady my balance. Or at least that's what I told myself.

His gaze lingered on my lips and I desperately wanted him to touch them. Slowly lowering his face towards mine, his lips parted and I stared into his eyes. He muttered, "I'm sorry, Kate. I can't resist any longer.."

And then ever so carefully, our lips collided.

Everything disappeared, and it was just us. Butterflies fluttered like crazy in my stomach and I needed nothing else in that moment but him.

The kiss was chaste at first but I hungrily gripped the back of his neck with one hand and the other stayed on his chest.

He took a handful of my hair and pressed my body into him. It was magical, beautiful. Unlike anything else I had ever shared with anyone. I gave in to the need that was gripping at me.

I got lost in him and we melted into each other, a perfect fit. My whole being was filled with him and only him, there was nothing else in that moment and I was content to stay that way.

Of course, he pulled away. But then he leaned his forehead into mine and closed his eyes, his face full of vulnerability. I took my hands and put them on either side of his face.

Finding my voice, barely a whisper, I asked, "What was that? Some vampire magic shit?"

His eyes were twinkling and he replied, "Watch your mouth, it's unladylike. And no, no vampire magic shit." I playfully poked him in the chest.

There was a muffled cough from across the room and our heads whipped in that direction. Nathaniel was standing there, but only for a moment and he flitted from the room.

Turning back to Micah, I realized we were still embraced.

It killed me to have to tear myself from him but I had to check on Nathaniel. Running in the direction he had come from, I slipped off my heels and carried them in my hands.

Micah's voice carried into my head, be careful Katherine.

Since when did he become so.. Nice? Who knows.

Too wrapped up in my thoughts, I collided with a wall. A wall with a nice set of abs and a pair of beautiful brown eyes. Backing up, I observed his face.

There was only one look, pain. He was straining to keep a straight face but quite frankly, he was awful at it.

"You saw?" I whispered.

He nodded once. Then, he gathered me in his arms and buried his face in my neck. I wrapped my arms around him and it was in that moment that realization hit me like a brick wall.

And what an awful realization it was..

I remembered mine and Nathaniel's kiss and all I could think about was how it compared to Micah's kiss.. And the thing was, it didn't.

There was a low rumble behind me and I felt someone with power coursing through their veins. I shuddered at the tingling feeling that crept up my neck where his eyes were burning into me. Micah growled in my head and I cocked my head slightly to indicate I had heard him.