I didn't know but it felt horrible.

"A bit ironic, you coming to me for help. Weren't your friends just trying to bury me in a cement tomb?" Klaus said, walking into the room with Elena.

"This is your fault. You started this when you forced Jeremy to kill those vampires." Elena said, sitting down next to me.

Klaus sat on the sofa opposite, "And now my little brat of a brother has gone and made things worse. Well, he never did like Damon. I suppose I should do something, shouldn't I?"

"Cassie, can you call Kol?" Elena asked.

I hesitated answering, but thankfully Klaus did instead, "They aren't on the best of terms right now."

Elena looked at me in concern and then turned to Klaus, "Call him off, Klaus."

"You are in no position to make demands, love. Whilst I'd like to cure you to make more hybrids, I do have other reasons for finding the cure, not the least of which is destroying it so you lot can't use it against me."

"Whatever our differences, we want the same thing. Please, Klaus, I'm begging you." Elena begged.

Klaus hesitated before he took out his phone and made a call.

"Little brother. Just two days home, and you've already made a mess." Klaus frowned, "Where's Damon Salvatore?"

"I gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake." I heard Kol on the other end. I took in a sharp breath and looked away.

"Cassie, are you okay?" Elena asked, concerned.

"No." I replied.

"Does this thing with Kol have to do with Damon and I?" She asked.

I scoffed, "Not everything is about you, Elena." I got up and stormed out of the room and up the stairs.

▂▂▂▂

I drank the bourbon that was in the bottom of my glass. I was sat at the bar of The Grill. I stared at the bottles of alcohol behind the counter and spotted a bottle that was Alaric's favourite. I missed him terribly.

Matt walked over and poured me another drink. I took a sip from the glass, "Thank you."

"No problem. How are you?" He asked, putting the bottle back behind the counter.

"Please, don't ask." I said, as friendly as I could.

"Alright." Matt replied, slightly confused.

"Sorry to be a bitch." I sighed, "I'm just not in the mood."

"I understand, this town brings us all down. Enjoy your drink." He said before walking away. I sighed and took another long sip.

I turned as someone entered the bar. Damon and Elena. Damon had a look on his face like he was determind to do something. I turned away and continued drinking the bourbon.

A few minutes later my phone rang. It was Elena. I answered it with a frown, "You were literally just behind me."

"Look, Cassie. I know you're mad or upset or something but Kol compelled Damon to kill Jeremy. They're somewhere in the tunnels, and it's one giant maze down here, and I can't find them, so if you care about the cure or about Jeremy, then maybe you can come help." Elena said.