Chapter fifteen

Emilia walks round the coner and up to Ruzek's house, she knocks and Josh answers the door. 'Hey Emmy.' He says.

'Hey Josh.' Emilia replies. Josh takes her suitcase and Ruzek joins taking her gym bag.

'I've put you up in the guest bedroom. I'm not here most mornings so help yourself to breakfast and I take it you go to the gym after school.' Ruzek says.

'Yeah. Sometimes I go before school, depending on how I'm feeling.' Emilia replies.

'That shouldn't be a problem.' Ruzek tells her. His phone chimes so he looks at it. 'I've got to head back to work. NCIS have just arrived. Josh, give Emilia the spare key.' Josh nods and Ruzek leaves.

'What's it like then, living with your uncle?' Emilia asks.

'It's cool. Him skipping the cop stage.' Josh replies. 'So, how'd it go with Jessy?' Josh teases.

'It went good.' Emilia responds, bluntly.

'You still didn't tell me after you went to see The Vamps.' 

'We... Never mind.'

'No. Go on.'

'We...We kissed. I felt attracted to him from the moment I met him.' 

'Call him. Tell him to come over.'

'What?' Before Emilia could talk again, Josh takes her phone from her back pocket. 'Josh!'  

'No, come on.' Josh says before he runs off with her phone. As he does that he finds Jessy's contact and calls him. 

'Josh!' Emilia shouts.

'Hello?'

'Hey Jessy.' Emilia replies taking her phone off Jessy.

'What's up?'

'A friend and myself are just hanging out and I want to know if you want to join us?'

'Yeah sure.'

'Cool. I'll text you the address.'

'I'll be there as fast as I can.'

'See you later.'

'OK. Bye. Love you.'

'Whoa! did he just sat love you?' Emilia thought to herself. 'Bye. Love you too.' Emilia goes red as she puts her phone down.

'Oh Jessy! I love you too!' Josh mocks. He then makes kissing noises leading to Emilia playfully puching his arm. Emilia texts the address to Jessy and soon enough he arrives.

'Hey Jessy. This is Josh. His uncle works in intelligence with Jay and my mom.' Emilia says. Jessy and Josh shake hands and they all head into they living room. 'So, what'd you want to do?'

'Why don't we head to the gym?' Josh suggests.

'I don't have any gym gear.' Jessy states.

'I've got some spare.' Josh tells him. Jessy nods and they all head upstairs to get changed. Emilia gets changed into her Nike gym clothes while Jessy and Josh just wears a tracksuit.

She then packs her bag with her Deep Six book, water bottle, shower gel, deoderant, body spray, boxing gloves, hair brush, spare clothes and make up

She then packs her bag with her Deep Six book, water bottle, shower gel, deoderant, body spray, boxing gloves, hair brush, spare clothes and make up. She then heads downstairs, followed by Jessy and Josh. Josh then picks up his keys and they all head to Antonio's gym.

As they walk in, they grab some keys for the lockers and head to drop their bags in and get their water out.  They then head to the main part of the gym. They go on the treadmills for half an hour before doing half an hour on the cross trainer and 10 minutes in the rower and bikes. 'Emilia, I'm going to go.' Jessy says.

'That's fine. Just hand in the key to your locker when you leave.' Emilia replies.

'I'm going to head to the shops to get a few things to eat. I'll meet you in Barnes and Noble in an hour and a half?' Josh adds. Emilia nods and see watches Jessy and Josh head back to the lockers. She then heads off to the weights and uses them for half an hour before finishing off by doing some MMA training. She takes all her fustration out on the bag. She loves Jessy but she doesn't want to hurt Josh's feelings but not telling him as they made a pact saying they would never keep anything from each other. Something this big.  Once she finishes she heads into the locker room, grabs her bag and heads intot he shower. Once she's done that she gets dressed into her white converse, white top and black jeans.

She heads out and as she does she hands in the key to the locker she used and headed to a nearby café

She heads out and as she does she hands in the key to the locker she used and headed to a nearby café. She gets a drink and sits at a table in the corner and reads Deep Six. About 15 minutes later, Special Agent Timothy McGee and Special Agent Gibbs slides in. She puts her book down when she hears them. 'Let me guess, Special Agents McGee and Gibbs?' She asks.

'How'd you know?' Tim questions.

'Thom E. Gemcity,' she says holding the book up. 'And Garry would talk about your team a lot.'

'Your step-dad?' Gibbs asks and Emilia nods. 'So... you heard of The Vultures?' 

'Yeah, I'm on their hit list.'

'How'd you know that?' McGee challenges.

'They've already struck.' 

'We heard about a couple of hits. What were they?' Gibbs questions.

'I was in a car accident, hit and run. The other was, a guy burst into Starbucks and held me at gunpoint. I managed to break free and get everyone into the kitchen but he blew himself up.  The kitchen filled with smoke andwhen CFD arrived I got everyone else out first before I got out with Jessy. He passed out though. I inhaled a lot of smoke and had to be intubated.' 

'You seem to remember it quite vividly.' Gibbs notes.

'My mom's a detective, she used to teach me to remember everything that I see and everything else that happens to me.' Emilia responds. He then looks at her phone and puts the book back in her bag. 'I need to go. Do you hae any toher questions?'

'No. That'll be all.' Tim says. 'You want me to sign your book?' Gibbs gives him the stare.

'Nah, already got a signed one.' Emilia replies. She then smiles and walks out to go and meet Josh. 

'I remember her now.' Tim dwells as they walk up to the desk at district 21. 'One of my first book signings.'

'You didn't recognise her at the start of the investigation?' Gibbs say as they walk upto the desk.

'Can I help you?' Platt asks.

'NCIS. Here to see intelligence.' Gibbs tells her. 

'I'll take you up.' She tells them. She walks them up into untelligence and shows them to the team.