Chapter eleven

When Bishop and Quinn get off the plane, Bishop calls McGee.

'McGee, can you track down this Emilia for us?' Bishop asks.

'Already on it. She's at Starbucks. Sending you a picture and the address now.'

Bishop puts the phone down and her and Quinn head to go and talk to Emilia. They walk into the starbucks and sees Emilia sitting at a table with a frappuccino and reading a book. They approach her. 'Emilia Kelly Severide-Lindsay?' Quinn asks. Emilia looks up and nods. Quinn and Bishop show their badges. 'Agent Quinn. Special Agent Bishop. NCIS. Stands for...'

'I know what it stands for.' Emilia tells them. She motions for them to sit and they do. 'Is this about my step-dad?'

'Yeah. Have you heard of the gang The Vultures?' Bishop asks.

'Yeah. They're after me, if that's what you want to call it.' Emilia explains.

'Where's your step-dad now?' Bishop questions.

'I don't know. My mom's split up with him. I know he's behind the gang but my mom doesn't.'

'We need to speak to your mom's unit. What's her district?' Quinn says.

'21.' Emilia responds. Bishop gets out a business card and hands it to Emilia.

'Call us if you need to talk.' Emilia nods and the two agents leave.

At firehouse 51 everyone is getting ready to leave when a call comes in. They race to their trucks and to the scene.

At district 21, Bishop and Quinn are talking to intelligence.

'You think Garry is the one leading the gang? And calling the shots to harm his own step-daughter?!' Erin asks. 

'Leading the gang, yes. Calling the shots to cause harm to Emilia, no.' Bishop tells her. 'Is their any way you could put your daughter in protective custody?'

'Yeah but she'd never agree to it. I don't do things to her that she doesn't agree to. I can't force her.' 

'Have you noticed any change in her behaivour?' Quinn asks.

'No, why?' Voight says.

'We spoke to her earlier and she said she knew her step-dad is behind the gang.' Quinn  continues.

'How?' Ruzek asks.

'We don't know. If you see or find Garry could you give us a call?' Bishop asks as she hands over her business card to Erin and she nods. Bishop and Quinn then leave to go back to D.C. 

Emilia walks up the stairs to the district and upto Trudy.

'Hey Kiddo. What's up?' Trudy asks.

'Nothing. I'm fine. Is mom still here?' 

'Yea, I'll buzz you up.' Trudy takes Emilia upto intelligence. She lets her in and returns to the desk. 

'Emmy, come into the office for a minute sweetie.' Erin says as soon as he daughter walks in. Erin and Emilia walk in Voights office and he soon follows. 'Why didn't you tell us you knew Garry was involved in the gang?' 

'I thought you knew. I figured that's what you were arguing about.' Emilia responds. Voight and Erin sigh.

'OK sweetie. Just lets us know if you find anything more out.' Erin tells her.

'Like who my dad is.' 

'Emmy.' Erin sighs.

'No, Erin. Let her continue.' Voight says and motions for Emilia to continue.