Chapter four

Severide runs back out after all the casualties have either been recovered or rescued. He runs up to Boden and Casey. 'Cheif. The beams were cut.'

'The young girl was asking if we would be able to find out if it was cut.' Boden tells him.

'Emilia? You think she's involved? Only she said she needed to call Voight.' Casey says.

'Where is she now?' Severide asks. Boden points over to Emilia who is standing with Josh.

'What's wrong?' Emilia asks Casey and Severide. Josh looks over to the street and sees intelligence pull up.

'I'm going to fill them in.' Josh says. Emilia nods and Josh walks over to them.

'Did you have anything to do with what happened?' Casey questions.

'No! Why would I?' She exclaims.

'You took a picture.' Severide tells her.

'How'd it collapse?' Emilia questioned.

'Beam was cut. Why do you want to know all this?' Severide challenged. Emma got out her phone and showed them the picture she took. It was of the embelem Voight had stuck up.

'This emblem. Voight got word yesterday that it's possibly an up and coming gang. A girl was drawing the emblem in class. I don't know much more than that but what I do know, looking at the emblem, they look to kill. Predator and prey.' Emilia explains. Severide and Casey apologise for the confusion and go back inside to check for any threats to the rest of the school structure. They clear the building and head back out and start packing up. Emilia is finishing off talking to Voight and the team when all the students are called back in. Erin kisses her daughter in the cheek and hugs her. She watches her daughter walk through the school doors.

Back at the firehouse everyone is back and getting our of their trucks. Boden calls Severide and Casey into his office.

'What went down with that young girl?' He asks.

'She noticed an emblem that is probably an up and coming gang. She's somehow close with Voight.' Severide explains.

'Get Voight in here now!' Boden orders. Casey and Severide nod and they call Voight. Half an hour later he walks into firehouse 51 and to Cheif Boden's office.

'I take it Emilia told you why we were at the school?' Voight asks.

'She told Severide and Casey.' Boden responds.

'The gang. We don't know the name or what their aim is but going by what Emilia said they look to kill or seriously hurt the public.' Voight continues.

'How is it that you know Emilia?' Boden queries.

'Erin's daughter.' Voight tells him.

Meanwhile, in the common room squad, truck and engine are getting lunch.

'Hey Severide. That girl you were with earlier...' Herrmann shouts out.

'Emilia?' Severide asks.

'Yeah. She looks a lot like you.' Herrmann continues.

'She does not!' Severide tells Herrmann as he sits at a table.

'Now that Herrmann mentions it, she kinda does!' Casey exclaims.

'Shut up, she looks nothing like me!' Severide exclaims.

Ambulance 61, injured child, children's play area, 1919 N Seminary Avenue.

Brett and Mills run to ambulance 61 and head to the play area. The mum of the child runs over to them.

'Please. Help. It's my daughter. She fell off the climbing frame!' The mother says, panicked.