Chapter ten

'Who are you?' Emilia demands.

'Kev's brother. He got arrested because of you. Snitch!' He gets in Emilia's face. 'Your step-dad wasn't very pleased. He better make everything go away or it'll be you that gets it.'

'Garry's in on this?' Emilia says, betrayed. The doctor laughs.

'Of course he is.' He says. 'This accident was just a warning.' He walks out and squad 3 walk in.

'Hi!' Emilia exclaims.

'Hey. Just wanted to check up on you.' Kelly tells her. He notices that she looks upset. 'What's up?'

'I know who caused the crash.' Emilia says. Kelly walks over and sits in the chair beside the bed. 'Not the exact person, but the gang behind it.' Kelly nods. 'Remember the collapse at the school, I showed you an luitenant Casey that picture. That gang's behind this. The Vultures.' She cries.

'Hey. It's going to be OK.' Kelly reassures her.

'It's just the start of it. They found out I was undercover and now they're going to kill me.'

'Listen. Your mom is in the best unit in Chicago, and I know for a fact that Voight won't rest until the gang is shut down.' Emilia nods and squads radio goes off. 'We have to go. Get well soon.' Emilia nods.

2 months later

Emilia finally gets released from hospital. She had to stay in longer for protective reasons. She's out of her casts and has completed rehab.

Her mom gave her, her red top, blue skinny jeans, tartan scarf and brown boots. They head out to the car.

'We haven't got any further to tracking down this gang. There were a few murders in Boston related to the gang. We've been asked to go over. I've packed some things for you and I'm going to drop you at Herrmann's. You OK with that?' Emilia nods and they drive off. They pull up outside the Herrmann's house and he runs outside. They get out the car and Erin gets out a suitcase from the boot. She gives it to Herrmann who takes it up into the house. Erin and Emilia says their goodbyes and part. Emilia sees her mom off and walks into the house. Immediately, she sees kids running around.

'Sorry about this.' Cindy tells her as she walks up to Emilia.

'Don't sweat it. I'm actually pretty good with kids.' Emilia responds.

'I'm Cindy. Chris has told me all about you. How they've saved you a couple of times.'

'Yeah. Firehouse 51's becoming a second family.'

'Come on. I'll show you to your room. Your suitcase is already up there.' Emilia nods and Cindy takes her up to her room and leaves Emilia to settle in. Once Emilia is settled Cindy calls for dinner. Once they've all eaten they get ready for evening mass.

'We're a Catholic family.' Herrmann tells her. 'You don't have to come but we'd like it if you do.'

'No worries. I'm Catholic aswell so yeah, I'll come.' Emilia replies. They get into formal dress.

 They get into formal dress